Image hosting by Photobucket
Sunday, March 19, 2006
To begin again
We found it only appropriate to begin again. After all that is what we are doing. As of March 13th we were not so magically transported back to April 18, 2005.

We have decided to move forward with our adoption plans. But of course that means we are back at square one. We are back to not knowing what gender our child will be, how old or when we will get to bring him or her home.

This blog will be the second act of our journey. The wait is still not over, but Adoption Adventure was all about A and we need to work on moving forward. We will still carry on the regular features such as the "Weekly Update" and the new "Coffee Talk", but we will be a little more cautious when it comes to information about our new referal. (we are still working on what to call him/her)

We want to sincerely thank everyone for their support, prayers and love. I cannot begin to tell you how overwhelmed we are with everyone's generosity. There is no way we could ever get through this without all of you.

Don't worry I will still pester you all for your comments. It wouldn't be like me not to.
8 Comments:
Blogger Maggie said...
I hate to be trite, but when one door is closed a new one opens. I think a new site is only appropriate. You're starting a new path now.

btw - the template is beautiful.

Blogger Rhonda said...
I love the new digs! And I also love the idea of starting fresh! I am excited to see what God has in store for you at this point. YAY for unexpected miracles.

Blogger CarolinaGirl said...
I am glad that you make no apologies for your faith. It is exactly what has gotten me through some really terrible times in my life. Just when I thought that things couldn't get worse was when God showed me that what he had just taken me through was to make me stronger. I know you have heard all of this and may even get tired of hearing it. But, please know that we are going to continue to be praying for you and Derek and your new child. You have inspired me in so many ways in the courage you have shown to embrace these hard times. "Adventures" was not only for A, but, it taught me a lot more, it showed me about the human spirit. It has been amazing to see how wonderful people can be. I cannot wait to ride with you on this adventure. Unexpected miracles is exactly what is about to happen. God bless you!!!

Blogger Jennefer said...
I like your new design. It is like a clean white page that begs to be written on. The picture and quotes make me feel inspired- your faith shines through.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
God has given you two great strength! My husband and I are thinking about adoption and I had been reading about your adoption adventure and now will look forward to the unexpected miracles God has in store for you. Good luck!
Aimee

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hi, I love the new look. Uncle Tom and I will be praying for you (as you well know) and cheering you on as you wait for new unexpected miracles. Love, Aunt Jan

Blogger M3 said...
Hi Lisa, just wanted to let you know I followed you over to the new blog. Sending you good thoughts and following your journey closely.

Hugs,
Mary-Mia

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I have been praying for you and I believe, as you do, that God has a plan for you. (Jeremiah 29:11) I agree with Caroline, your strength in the tough times is inspiring, I can see that He is carrying you through. The title of your Blog is just perfect, I look forward to following the next chapter of your journey.

Kay B.

Counter
Established March 19, 2006