Image hosting by Photobucket
Sunday, April 30, 2006
The Sunday that never ends
Somehow it is still Sunday. It has been Sunday for God only knows how many hours. We were out and about in the hotel at about 7:00 this morning. We wandered all over Seoul. Saw a large Presbyterian Church complex. Visited yet another Starbucks. Walked to a very old gate and discovered we were just in time for a ceremonial guard change. We picked up a brochure and the map indicated there was a palace not far from the gate. The guards do a walk from the palace to the gate every couple of hours. So we followed the guards. We came upon one of the oldest palaces in Seoul. It was fantastic.

We departed the hotel at 4:00 pm to catch our 7:20 pm flight to San Francisco. We arrived in San Fran at about 1:40 pm (still Sunday.) Our original idea was to get on the 4:30 flight stand-by. United Airlines had other plans for us. Our tickets are for the 7:15 pm flight, but we were hopeful. Unfortunately, in order to get put high up on the stand-by list you have to give them your United Airlines mileage number. We have one, but are both so tired we didn't even think about it. I asked the gate agent where we were on the list and she said we weren't too far down. They started to call the names and of course they call Jamie & Suzanne, but not us. Then I go ask the little ticket taker dude where we were on the list and why we didn't get called when we checked in before J&S. He was something of a prick!! Very condescending and out right rude. And I am not saying this because I am exhausted. It was the worst treatment I have ever gotten from a UA agent. Needless to say here we sit in yet another airport. It is 5:12 pm (still on Sunday) and we won't board our plane until 6:45. That means we won't get into Seattle until sometime around 9:30 or 10.

I do happen to be suffering from a bit of traveler's stomach. It is suspected that Starbucks might be the culprit. That milk and all you know, but I think otherwise. I am so exhausted I can barely think. All I want at this point is to go home. The whole crossing the date line really screws you up.

I am looking forward to catching up on all of your blogs. I have kept up on some, but of course not as much as I would like. I do have one request. Please keep Margaret in your prayers. She found out that she will be unable to adopt Peanut. This is devastating news for all of us. You are in my heart M, D and I send you our love and hugs.

I've missed you all very much, and we are glad to be back in the USA!
13 Comments:
Blogger glo said...
Welcome home. Hopefully there is a little down time in your schedule now. I kind of think airline service has gone the route of almost all public kinds of service...people are just kind of passed over. It's all just a job for a paycheck, NOT at all customer service in lots of places these days. So how do we change it back. Even I miss the good ole days and i'm not all that old!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Welcome home! Good luck getting over jet lag; that date line is a pain to recover from - either direction! ;) I hope Derek can take off at least one day before going back to work, and that Lisa takes at least one day off from her hectic schedule!

Blogger 6blessings said...
Welcome back to the USA! I hope you are home by now, snuggling into your own bed. There's no place like your own bed! Thanks for all of the updates. It was good to follow your journey. Get some sleep and good luck telling your body what time it is!

Blogger Jennefer said...
I am not looking forward to the inevitable exhaustion and jet lag. I too hope you are home now resting. You did it though- you made it through the first trip, you met your beautiful new son and you are well on your way to parenthood.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Welcome back. Sounds like you had a good first trip. Time to catch up on sleep and prepare for trip #2.

Blogger Suz said...
So glad to know you are back in the USA.

I've become an adoption blog-addict and it all started with your blog :o). I've been following your story for quite some time as a lurky lurker and have decided to come out and say hello and welcome back.

My hubby and I are awaiting our courtdate for the adoption of our second daughter. I've been reading blogs to wile away the waiting.

Thanks for encouraging other adoptive and hopefully Pre-adoptive families through your blog!

Welcome back to the US and get some rest! Can't wait to hear more of the story.

Blogger Carrie said...
Welcome back! I really hate nasty airline employees...specially when I'm exhausted. I hope you got lots of sleep and are feeling better today.

Blogger Lauri said...
Welcome Home- cant wait to hear more about your trip. The whole jet lag stuff is no fun at all.

Take care

Lauri

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
welcome home. your posts were great!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I have never felt so cheated as I did this past week!!! I'm now all caught up on your adventures and feeling greatly relieved that you did keep a blog!!!!! Computer couldn't have blown up at a worse time in my life as then!!!! Can't wait to see the pictures and hear your stories!!!!!
Love,
Mom & Mike

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
Hi Elle & D...welcome home!! So happy that your trip went well and that Pickle got to meet his Mommy & Daddy. I have yet to post on our blog, but we are home with Roman safe & sound...he is an angel. Can't wait to share details :)
~ gaye

Blogger Yeah So said...
Welcome back! Are you still sleeping?

Blogger kirsten said...
welcome home! so glad things went so well. i should know this, but since i am adopting from the states, i am an international adoption dummy! what's the next step? i know you have to go back to russia, but when does that happen and is that the trip that brings pickle home? thanks for your faithfullness to your blog so we can be faithfully supporting you!

Counter
Established March 19, 2006