Image hosting by Photobucket
Thursday, March 23, 2006
The Weekly Update
I am so proud that all of you did not degrade this week's Coffee Talk into a political trash about.

This week's update will be brought to you by the letter P. Why P? Well we decided that we were not going to reveal the name of our new referral when it comes, but we needed to call it something. So we came up with the nickname Pickle. So our child will herein referred to as Pickle.

There isn't a whole ton of news this week. No referral. The Department of Education is issuing them, but not bunches at a time. They want to ensure that the children they refer are legally available for adoption (so our bad situation doesn't happen again.) The problem is they only have the information that is available on the Federal Databank. When our facilitator inquires with the orphanages about the children the doctors tell her they are not healthy. So we continue to wait.

The bits of good news are that all 5 families that have lost their referrals in one way or another will receive referrals all at once. Olga wants to make sure that no one is left behind. The other good news is that we are back to the old judge!!!! That is a huge resounding WAAAA HOOOO!!! Newbie Judge was just so dang slow. She was requiring all kinds of strange paperwork and wording. She was having court appointments that lasted hours. She also was delaying rulings for days. Imagine that. Going to court for your hearing and then not knowing for two or three days if your child is yours or not. Well this just wasn't going to fly so they brought back the old judges. Thank God!

We should hear next week how the whole medical exams will play out. There are 2 families with our agency in Khabarovsk right now for their med trips. We are fortunate enough that when we go to see our new referral we will have the medical exams so we aren't faced with 3 more trips.

So that is the update in a nutshell.
8 Comments:
Blogger Rhonda said...
I'm glad to see they're making SURE that the referrals are adoptable by Americans. That is a relief. Also glad to see the news about the judge returning. Sounds like it was a good update.

Blogger Jennefer said...
Thanks for the update. I agree with Rhonda. I am relieved that they are making sure referrals are adoptable by Americans. That is a comfort.

I think things are going to happen fast for you now. I am so excited for you! Great news about the judge.

Of course if we have a Peanut we need a Pickle too! Maybe I will call our daughter Pineapple. You know the funny thing? One of my son's friends is named Pickle. I don't think that is his real name, but his parents call him that. Everybody does. No one knows his real name.

Blogger Maggie said...
I had a friend in college whose nickname was Tony Pickle. How funny.

I'm glad they're being very careful with the referrals now.

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
Good news! WOO HOOOOO!! Good to hear you sounded so upbeat :) ~ gaye

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Good weekly update. Have a nice weekend!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
You would think that making sure referrals are adoptable would be a no-brainer.

I like Pickle...cute. I bet that sticks after s/he gets home.

Blogger avonlea said...
Elle, I've wanted to comment for so long. My heart goes out to your for the loss of your precious little boy. I am so glad you continue to follow your heart and knowing about problem judges first hand, I am glad to hear the good judges are coming back to prevent such future heartaches. I hope this wait will be quick and everything will go smoothly.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I can't remember if I commented before? I've been reading for a month or so and am very sorry about your referral loss.

Can you explain the medical exam thing? Is that done in the states or in Russia? I'm a bit worried about that, and have been asking around, but no one seems to have a clear answer on whether all regions require it and whether the exam is done state-side or in Russia.

Counter
Established March 19, 2006