Image hosting by Photobucket
Thursday, December 28, 2006
I bet you were expecting Christmas photos
I took a moment to finally download all the photos off the camera from Christmas. I looked through them and then proceeded to tell CS that we are the worst parents ever. There are exactly 18 photos of Pickle from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. 18. How can a new parent take only 18 photos on their child's first Christmas? My wonderful husband then proceeded to inform me that we have tons of video. Oh right!!! We used the video camera instead of the still camera. But of course I am still having the problem with the video to internet thing. I also will admit that I did bust out my film cameras for the event.

I have a nice little digital camera, but my child is like lightening. It is next to impossible to get a 1/2 way decent photo of him. The ones I put up are good because of luck and herculean effort. I do have 2 very nice film cameras. You do remember what film is right. That stuff you have to be careful with that you then take to a developer and they give you real live photos. Yeah those. My manual cameras are much faster and I get some pretty good shots on them. The bad part is they are big. I mean B.I.G! One is a medium format and I swear is the size of a shoebox (ok not that big, but big) So carrying these things around is enough to put my back out. Thus I rarely use them.

So once I get the rest of the photos taken I will shell out the change to get them developed. Then I'll be able to share a few Christmas memories.
2 Comments:
Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Oh please get the video-internet thing working, I'm dying to see that Pickle translator video.

Blogger kate said...
I miss film. The pictures are better and it's sooo much faster. I've heard that spending $1000 will get you a digital camera that takes pix as fast as the old $40 film cameras...

Counter
Established March 19, 2006