Image hosting by Photobucket
Monday, February 19, 2007
So you're here trying to see what's up
Did you wake up this morning and check out Life of Elle and say what the hell? Um, yeah... me too. Ok not really me so much. I knew this was coming. I had about a bazillion hits to my site last week that got me thinking that something smelled a bit fishy. So I did what the monkeys at Total Choice said and did a back up. Good thing cause I'll now only lose 1 or 2 posts. I also tried their little trick of changing my password. That was my big clue. Wouldn't work. The good website manager would have contacted support then, but I was busy with that whole being a mom and working thing. So happy Monday to me!

The big problem is that I can't do my usual trick and just slap a redirect on there and send you here. The hacker is evidently getting smarter.* Every time I try it doesn't work. I also don't want to just take the site down. I want Total Choice to see the error of their ways and help me fix it. Isn't that what I PAY for hosting for? Let's see them try to blame this crap on Wordpress this time. So you will have to live with the ugliness for just a little while longer. Trust me this hurts me more than you. In fact it makes me sick to my stomach.

In the mean time I will be working on increasing security, possibly changing hosts and as a temporary measure (once the site is back) is doing the ugly deed of putting up a password. I am so sorry about that. I didn't want to. I wanted to be the usual blog whore that I am and allow everyone to read. I still do.

Here is the deal with the password though... I love all of my readers. Lurkers too. I still want you to read I am just trying to keep out this one sick SOB. So - if you want to continue reading Life of Elle I need to give you the password. I am not going to send out a big email to those I know saying this is the password. Remember the trusty husband deleted my address book. If you want to read you MUST send me an email and tell me you want the password. Once the site is all set up I will leave it unprotected for about a week to give everyone a chance to opt in. Then I will send out the big email letting those who sent me emails know what the secret squirrel code is. Of course there aren't many places I throw that email address out there so here you go: elle at lifeofelle dot com

Now please tell me you love me, delurk if you must. This has been one crappy morning and all this before I finished my first cup of coffee.

-------------------------------------------
*Since you are here evidently the redirect is working. Yeah! This must mean my morning coffee kicked in. This may be a more than one cup day though.
21 Comments:
Blogger Carla said...
oh NO! It has been a really crappy morning for you. {HUG} I of course will send you that email because I'm not sure I can go without reading (still working on that which I emailed you earlier about).

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Damn hackers... my email is on its way... sorry about your issues


Hope the rest of your day is better



Lauri

Blogger Melissa said...
Man, that stinks, big time!! Expect an email from me - I don't know if I could go without reading up regularly!!! :)

Blogger Christen L said...
ok so i read life of elle this morning and thought this was a joke. sorry to hear it wasn't. my email is on it's way.

Blogger Unknown said...
sucks!!!!

see ya on the passwrd side.

Blogger Debi said...
HACKERS....get a life...what a bunch of bitches, I am PM'ING you my email at soul...

I love your blog and I love you...is that wrong??

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
you're a popular girl - hackers love ya. now just don't go off the deep end and shave your head!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
What a pain for you. I am having trouble with my e-mail at home and have had for about 2 weeks! Arrgh. I will send you an e-mail from here at work and you can reply to that OK? Thanks and Hugs. Aunt Jan

Blogger Carrie said...
Some people have WAY too much time on their hands..and I mean the hackers here! :)

Email has been sent.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Unbelievable. I came in to catch up on my reading and this is crazy! Why YOU? I can still see your posts in my bloglines, so I have my Elle fix...but still.

I really should backup my blog..

Blogger Liv said...
You know they were just jealous of you new blog design. Slackers.

Blogger Jenni said...
Dude, that sucks! I'm sending an e-mail.

Blogger Unknown said...
I'm sending an email, too.

Blogger Deb said...
That's just plain awful. Sorry you had to start your Monday that way. If it makes you feel any better my Monday started with crashing 2 computers at work!!!

Blogger Yeah So said...
What the hell?? Do you think it is someone specifically hacking your site or a kind of blanket hacking in general?

I hope your day gets better. Set up the vodka and chocolate now so you waste no time when CS gets home.

Blogger Lauren said...
That so sucks! I too sent you an email.

Blogger mama k said...
Delurking here. I dont' read the other blog so I don't know what you are talking about. haha
Hope you day gets better though!

Blogger Rachael said...
Was this just a clever ploy to bring us lurkers out in the open? No, seriously, the jerks were probably just jealous of your cool designs. I love reading your blog, so I'll stop being a lurker so I can keep reading....sending you an email now!

Blogger M- said...
I'll delurk too. I have to get my fix somehow...I'll be sending an email. I love stories about "the boy"...and of course the pictures too.

Blogger Ani said...
what happened???? does this mean my favorite procrastinating tool is gone? will i have to (gasp!) work!?! my email's on its way.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That is totally sucky. Hope it works out and you get back home!

Counter
Established March 19, 2006