Image hosting by Photobucket
Thursday, February 01, 2007
Pickle's Lifebook
Somehow I posted at Life of Elle that I scrapbook. I wouldn't so much call it scrapbooking as copying ideas out of a magazine and implementing them into my son's album. I call it more of stealing. Well, Debi P found out that I "scrapbook" and asked why I never posted any pictures of my work. Frankly I didn't find it that post worthy. But Debi being the good friend brow beat me into it. So I took photos of all the pages I have done of Pickle's lifebook and put them into a slide show. I also have a small story book for him (that isn't finished.) I took photos of those and you get to see that too.

I will give any PAP out there a little bit of advice though. It may seem tempting to start on the lifebook before you have your child home, but if you ask me this is a bad idea. Granted my time to scrapbook is limited since I am the mother to an energetic 2 year old, but I am glad I waited. I started Alexander's book between trips. I had a few pages done and when we lost his referral I had to pull all of those pages out of the book. It broke my heart. I still have them. They are tucked away in a box of things that have his name on them. I am not saying that everyone will lose their referral, but it is just something to think about. There were all kinds of things that I shouldn't have done; paint his name on the wall, quilt his name into a quilt just to name a few.

Anyway... here you go.

19 Comments:
Blogger Jenni said...
That looks great! I love the name page you did with the pictures and your layouts. I'm currently working on my kids' lifebooks, and you've given me some good ideas. Thanks!

Blogger Rhonda said...
You are so creative. LOVED IT.

Blogger Lauri said...
beautiful... I may show mine off as well

Blogger Maggie said...
Very nice.

I had pages and pages done for Vladmir's life book. I just put it in his room with his other things that I can't let go of. I've managed to put them all on a shelf, but I haven't been able to pack them away yet.

I did Vladimir's in a different way. I tried to do it from his birth on. Some pages barely have anything on them, but I tried to tell as much about his birth and his family as I could (precious little). The page about his mother had her first name and that was all. I did have information on one of his sisters because she was adopted and lives in the same state I do. (He didn't know that as he went to the dietsky dom and she went to the dom rebenka. He hadn't seen her in years.)

Blogger Ani said...
You did a great job on both albums. I love the b&w pics. Thanks for sharing.

Blogger Jim said...
Wow, E....wonderful job on that life-book! Awesome!

Blogger Debi said...
I Love it Elle..I knew you could do it...it is a great book

Blogger Suz said...
I think my favorite one is the "freedom" page. I love how even though he's a boy, you have still used some flowers and hearts and such.

What are the tickets for on the one page?

I also love the one where you took his name and put a picture above each letter - I'm going to be scraplifting that one!

You've done a great job!

Blogger Trusty Husband said...
The tickets are from our trip to the archaeology museum in Khabarovsk. Seeing as I am trained as a archaeologist, we thought it would be a neat family trip. The ladies at the museum absolutely adored Pickle. The babushka upstairs carried him all around and showed him everything. She made sure we had pictures in front of all the displays too.

Blogger Melissa said...
It looks really great Elle. I need to get going on K's because O is coming home soon! I havent' even gotten a book for her.

Blogger kate said...
It's fantastic. I love the angels who whispered in your ear. (And, I'm wondering where you got the multi-striped paper and co-ordinating dots, etc. and if I can get it here...)

Blogger Elle said...
kate, The stuff for the story book came from a scrapbooking kit. That book is only an 8x8 whereas the lifebook is 12x12. I picked put the kits at our local Paper Zone.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Lisa:
We have a fancy box that has all of Anastasia's things in it (pictures, blog, etc). I doubt we will ever part with it; she is a part of us, as Alexander remains a part of you! Nice scrapbook for Oleg, by the way!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh L, what a wonderful life book! Can you come help me do mine:) At least I can get some good ideas from your beautiful book. Thanks so much for sharing.

Blogger Melissa said...
I love it -

I also love to scrapbook but have fallen out of the habit & have fallen VERY behind.

You did a wonderful job - both the scrapbook and the storybook tell such a great story! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Absolutely beautiful!!

Thanks for sharing....

Blogger kate said...
Paperzone...maybe they're online. Thanks!

Blogger Debi said...
Lisa....huh?? who'd of known

Blogger Deb said...
Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Counter
Established March 19, 2006