Image hosting by Photobucket
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
I miss my blog
I didn't know how much I would miss my own blog until it was gone. I can't even go and look at my pretty design. It is just gone. All I have is this file sitting on my desktop. It makes me sad. Not to mention I am in serious need of a mental health day. Stress from work, mommyhood and this stupid web stuff is catching up to me and I am either getting sick or working on a world class allergy attack. Either one will leave me mostly incapacitated for the better part of a day or more. I don't have time to be incapacitated. What's worse is the sun is shining. I have half a mind to say forget work, I'm going outside. If people don't get stuff turned into me I am going to do just that. But of course going outside means yard clean-up and my yard wast bin is full. See this vicious cycle I live in? It is maddening I tell you.

I am so tired, but I'll still give you a boy story.

Monday I had to work. So the trusty husband stayed home to watch the child. One would assume that this means actually watching the child. The husband comes to me and says, "I'm going to take a bath." and yes... by publicly saying my husband takes baths is totally to out him on it because frankly since becoming a mom I have not had the luxury of soaking in the tub undisturbed, or soaking in the tub disturbed for that matter. Anyway... I remind him that taking a bath is not watching the child. He informs me that he is going to turn on the electronic babysitter. Great. Now being the "smart" husband he puts it on repeat play. But being the smarter child he knows when the 20 minute program is up. As I sit in my office trying to get some work done I hear bare feet on wood floors. Now I know the husband did not dress the child and that he was wearing footie jammies. Not any more. Here comes my child, sans pjs exclaiming, "nudie! nudie!" And the husband. Still in the bath.
12 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hmm...sounds very familiar! There was a time about 28 yrs ago I heard those very same words!!!
Mom

Blogger kate said...
I hope you just took the nudie boy and tossed him in the tub with CS.

Blogger Lauren said...
My husband wouldn't dream of taking a bath. He prides himself on how quick he can shower. Whatever... Like anybody really cares how fast he can shower.

But the nudie! nudie! is cracking me up.

Blogger Debi said...
it beats the husband coming in and running around yelling nudie nudie

Blogger Lauri said...
Great Story

Blogger Mary said...
You're not alone...my husband takes baths too!

Blogger Jenni said...
Ahhh..baths! I remember those....

What is it with little boys running around nekkid? Eamon does the same thing, and always seems so happy and proud to be baring his all, as it were.

Funny story.

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...
I hide out in the tub 2-3 times a week, right after dinner, when Hubby is here to watch all the kids. He also gets "distracted" when in charge and all sorts of things happen ... but whatever, I'm not in charge! (He also tries to guilt trip me saying, "you're going to abandon us again?" but sorry, that does not work with me!)

If you're going to be interrupted while you're working, I can't think of a much more entertaining distraction than your son running around yelling "nudie!" LOL

Blogger Melissa said...
I agree with Kate, you should have stuck him in the tub and walked out of the room without saying a word.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Well I lock the door (NOW, after the camera incident) and soak. I must have my baths, or else I will go insane. One thing about it, your little guy keeps life interesting. And if he's like mine, he's really hard to catch when he's naked.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
MEN... What is it with these guys? How can they all be SO MUCH THE SAME??? Train them well ladies... we have to live with these "dudes" and their great child raising tactics. If only it were as easy as they believe.... hmmmmmmm
Daddy's are rarely ever "Mommies".

Blogger Alicia said...
And all I can do is gigge, still ...

Counter
Established March 19, 2006