Image hosting by Photobucket
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Full of Adventure
There are lots of firsts going on in the Pickle household. We took our first trip to Target, the grocery store and even CompUSA. (I needed photo paper) Pickle is also sleeping at nap time and all through the night in his crib. Hallelujah!!!

Last night Pickle received his first haircut in the US. I won't say it was his first haircut ever since he had a few in Russia. He was a bit unhappy with me during the experience. Yes... I was brave and cut my son's hair myself. I used to cut CS's hair when we lived in Kansas and were poor. Thus I own a clippers. I must say my haircut job looks mighty smart. It was basically a trim. Poor kid's hair was hanging over his ears and in his eyes.

I also broke out the fireman bath kit that I bought eons ago. It has a sponge, wash mitt, fire extinguisher squirter thing, 2 kinds of bubble bath and... a fireman hat. You know the person that came up with this thing was as cruel of a parent as me. You know bath time with your son wearing a fireman hat is just an invitation for photos. I know you would all love to see those, but I just have this thing about posting that type of photo on the internet. I am trying to be cautious of my wording here lest I get all kinds of weird hits on my blog. Let's just say the photos are priceless and will come in quite handy when Pickle is oh say... 16 and going on his first date. See, I told you I was a cruel mom.

The other first was his first trip to his new sandbox. Babada and Dedu made Pickle a makeshift sandbox to tide him over until next spring. It really is just a kiddie pool filled with play sand, but he loves it. He got a beach set from his great-grandma at my shower and he decided to shovel the sand up onto himself. Quite humorous. By the time he was done he had sand from head to toe.

Pickle is also quite pro at getting into the things mommy really doesn't want him to play with. He does it covertly also. He will go into another room and be very quiet. Usually I think he is being an angel child and playing nicely (more the fool me.) When in reality he is doing things like trying to drink out of CS's water glass and spilling it on CS's night stand. Or he is reaching the little bars of chocolate that I thought were far enough back, opening them up and eating them. Yes, my son stole chocolate. He has never had chocolate and he gnawed about a 1/2" off of a bar this morning. Yeah... nap time was fun this afternoon.

So life is full of interesting stories around here. Sorry there was no post yesterday. I figure most of you don't read on the weekends anyway. I did go back and add photos to some of my posts from Russia. Don't comment on those. I am too lazy to go back and see if there are additional comments. I am also working on moving my parenting stories over to Life of Elle. If you see posts here becoming infrequent check there. Unexpected Miracles is mostly about the adoption and the journey there. Since the adoption is finished I wanted to begin concluding this act of our journey.
15 Comments:
Blogger Chris Sapp said...
Sounds like our Mateo - getting in to everything and doing it without leting on at all. Mateo climbed up our counter and into the very top shelf to land him some chocolate :-) He is a doll!

Blogger Maggie said...
Good job on the haircut. It looks cute, even though he's teary-eyed.

Blogger ditzymoi said...
Congradulations! Im read back thru the other posts and stuff, Im so glad it all worked out for all of you :)
Hes adorable :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Too cute, great hair job:) So glad to hear's O is sleeping thru the night too.

Blogger Suz said...
Such a cute little man!

I read on the weekend! Don't stop posting on the weekend!

Blogger Deb said...
He is so cute.

Blogger Denise :o) said...
Very handsome haircut! And by the way, I read on the weekends too so don't stop. I love reading about your new life with O.

Blogger Laura said...
He is adorable! Love the hair cut.
Glad to hear he is falling into a schedule!
Laura

Blogger 6blessings said...
Sounds like things are going well. His haircut is so cute. I do my husband's hair and he does all three boys' hair. Our clippers get a lot of use.

Again, congrats on finally being home!! He is so cute!!!

Blogger kate said...
He is SO cute! I've been suffering from a bout of PRE-AD, and have been off the computer of late. Catching up on your posts was a great remedy. Thanks for continuing to share your journey. We'll look forward to more about the Life of Elle--co-starring Pickle and CS.

Blogger Jennefer said...
You don't get your comments emailed to you? Just wondering cause you said you didn't want to look up past blog comments.

Anyway- you are doing great! Everyone is telling you that, but I know how hard it can be and you are handling everything very well.

Pickle is a cutie and you guys make a great family! I can't believe your adoption journey is coming to an end. I have been following your story for 9 months and so much has happened. I am very glad you made it. It has been a long, bumpy road. Thanks for sharing your journey to parenthood. You have a lot of great years ahead!

Blogger Rhonda said...
You did a great job on the haircut. Its amazing how it really makes him look different. SUCH a cutie. Way to go Mom!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That photo of him,crying during the haircut...oh makes my heart break. He looks great though. Great job

Blogger ferenge mama said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger ferenge mama said...
Nice job on the haircut -- your kid is so cute! I know you are hearing that all the time from your Adoring Public, but it's just plain true.

Counter
Established March 19, 2006