Image hosting by Photobucket
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Greetings from the alive and awake
First I would like to say my boy is currently taking his nap so I have my 1 hour mommy break. The fact that he is napping is not the amazing thing here people. It is the fact that he is... IN HIS CRIB!!!!! He didn't cry or fuss too much. We put him in there CS left the room. I sat in the rocking chair next to him and he played around for a little while. He really fights the whole sleeping thing, but he is 2 so it isn't a shock. Anyway, with a little coaxing from mama he eventually fell asleep.

Ok, now onto important stuff. I will say that the trip home was like a dream. Literally and figuratively (wow that's a big word for my state of mind.) Once the plane hit the air out of Zurich Pickle fell fast asleep. I wish the same could be said for the parents. We watched a movie and enjoyed the best meal we have had in nearly 4 weeks. I can say one thing... Swiss Air knows how to feed you. Hot coissants for breakfast, awesome baked pasta with cream, Camembert cheese and salad for lunch, strawberry ice cream as your snack. OMG it was fantastic. They gave Pickle a little stuffed airplane and a point & see book that he loved. Of course he was only awake for 2 hours of the flight to enjoy them. He slept 6 1/2 hours on that flight.

Our layover in Chicago was too short for any napping. We cleared customs no problem and Pickle and Chickadee immigrated without a hitch. Mama was horribly airsick by the time we landed in Chicago though. And of course Pickle had fallen asleep on landing so here is our boy's first photo as an American Citizen. Nice!

Pickle also slept nearly the entire flight from Chicago to Seattle. We woke him up an hour before landing because I wanted to wash him up and change him. He wasn't so thrilled about that.

We were met at the airport by my Mom and Mike, CS's Dad and Sister G, Pickle's Great-Grandparents, our friend Marlice and 2 of Pickle's "Grandmas" Nancy and Pam. There were eager faces peering down the escalator waiting for their very own Pickle Spotting. We didn't get any photos of them, but we do have video.

Pickle did really well with all the new people. He even let some of them hold him for just a second. As soon as he spotted CS or me he wanted to go back. We said our good byes to Kathou, Paypay and Chickadee and then headed for our car. Pickle did really well in the car seat. He wasn't too sure about it, but never cried. We made the obligatory stop at McDonalds for some much needed food. (damn you again United Airlines!!) Pickle wolfed down almost an entire small french fry.

It was like heaven to see our house again. The cats were just as glad to see us. First thing we did was show Pickle his new room. He took one look at the bed and the Warner Bro's hockey print on the wall and knew this was a good thing. We had been showing him photos of his room during the whole trip.

He is in love with the cats and they are tolerating him very well. He loves his new toys and actually likes the ones that make noise. Of course he did find other "toys" to play with like the coasters, a cup from our last trip to Russia, and the umbrella.

Despite yesterday being 35 hours bed to bed we are all doing remarkably well. I am knee deep in laundry and the top of my kitchen table is a bit of a mystery, but we are getting there. All 3 of us slept like the dead last night. The bed was awfully crowded though. 5 bodies is a little too much. Thus the transition to the crib. We can't lock the cats out of the room because they will claw at the door and Pickle elbowed me right in the mouth this morning. Pretty soon I am going to look like I was in a bar fight. I ran into the corner of the wall shelf in Pickle's room with my head last night.

Well better run. Laundry isn't going to fold itself.

Before I run too far I want to give huge congrats to everyone who got good news while we were gone. M3 and the girls!!! I still can't believe twins! Michelle and her little princess! Bethee got a court date and so did my girl RHONDA!!!!!! I am way too excited for all of you. I am here to tell you that your life is the best once you walk in the door of your home carrying your child in your arms. Doesn't matter how tired you are it is the best feeling ever. Congrats ladies. Much love to all of you!!!!
25 Comments:
Blogger Melissa said...
Once again, I am really happy for you. I think all of blogland is! You are so lucky he slept the whole second half. And it is great he took to his new room so well. I have enjoyed reading your journey up to this point. Congrats, you both deserve this wonderful blessing.

Blogger Maggie said...
Welcome home. It's good to have you home.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
WHAT A CUTIE!!! I'm so glad you guys made it home safe, sound, and sane!!! I'm so happy you guys finally finished this part of your journey into parenthood, and I know you both will make awesome parents!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
His beautiful...I've been reading your saga and I am so happy for you and your family. Enjoy him - you'll turn around one day and he'll be 18.

Blogger Mary said...
Welcome home! It IS a wonderful feeling to walk through your own door with your child. Enjoy!

Blogger bethee said...
I'm so happy for y'all! Welcome home!

Blogger Deb said...
Glad you made it home safe and sound. He is a cutie! So great he liked his room. Did you have pics of just the crib and the room or did you take pics of some of his toys and things. I ask so I know what to take pics of when it's our turn.

It's so amazing that you are finally a forever family. Both Dave and I are thrilled.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Welcome little nephew and Mommy and Daddy! I'll talk to you soon!
Love, Auntie Lee

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Welcome Back! Whew! You made it! You are parents to a beautiful child that was meant to be with you guys. Home At Last! Truly an Unexpected Miracle!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
P.S. I meant Welcome Home. Not good to try and post during "cocktail hour" HA! :)
L.

Blogger M3 said...
Aw, a little photo!!! So cute. Welcome home guys.

Blogger Yeah So said...
Although it must have been nuts, you must have been thrilled to pieces to be in your own bed with PICKLE!! Welcome Home!!

Blogger Jenny said...
Welcome HOME!!! that little boy is soo cute. is his hair almost reddish?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yeh Pickle is too cute and looks like a little angel sleeping:) Congrats congrats on your much anticipated homecoming!
C&D

Blogger yorkiemom said...
Welcome back home. Pickle looks so peaceful sleeping. Congratulations again.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Thanks girl! You did an awesome job blogging the experience. We learned so much from you guys.

Blogger Suz said...
Welcome home!! Glad to hear things are going well and Pickle took to his new crib!

Blogger Carolina Mama said...
Gorgeous Pickle!!!!!!! Happy you are HOME!!! It must be amazing! Thanks for the journey - it was awesome - thus far! :) He's a doll! Blessings!

Blogger Kelly said...
Congratulations on being back home!! I am so happy that the trip went so well. Pickle is too cute.

Blogger 6blessings said...
I'm so glad you're finally home with your baby- no more empty room. Sounds like the trip went incredibly well- a sleeping child-wow!! Congratulations again!

Blogger Sandra said...
Welcome home! Pickle is the cutest little boy!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
What a good boy! Welcome home! Your postings during your trip were so amazing. I'm sure you'll have lots of new "material" raising a 2 year old. I'm looking forward to it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Welcome Home!!! See, I knew there was a reason the sun came out yesterday afternoon. :-)
So glad you are all home, safe and sound and Pickle seems to be doing so great with the transition to his new home.

Blogger Ani said...
welcome, welcome home. glad you all made it back in one piece! once you are settled into your new mommy "routine" - don't forget to post pics!

Blogger Denise :o) said...
Yeah!! Welcome home!!! AND WELCOME TO AMERICA PICKLE! I am so happy for you guys.

Counter
Established March 19, 2006