Image hosting by Photobucket
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Mom is great...
She lets me make chocolate cake.

First of all thanks to Jen for her super fantastic awesome cool hockey gear for Pickle. We all know how much I love hockey and by god my boy is gonna catch the fever. None of that sissy soccer crap for us.

Since today is the start of the hockey season I thought I would share a few photos for you. Yes, I am keenly aware that I am talking about chocolate cake and hockey here and at Life of Elle, but hey... I love these 2 things so deal with it. Otherwise you get me going on and on about the fact that Lost starts tonight and I have gone all summer without my Lost fix. And trust me Lost in Russian (yes I watched it in Russian) is just not the same.

Isn't this kid going to make a rockin' goalie??? and yes I am aware that my child has perpetual bed head. (please note the sleeping cat saying thank god that child is leaving me alone for 2 seconds)

One more, just because I thing this photo is too cute.

See mom is great!!! She lets ME make the cake. (I would like to say that my child is a genius and drew that picture on the fridge, but alas it was done my my niece B)

And damn does it taste good.
13 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
You are a awesome mama, Lisa, and that grandson of mine is just too darn cute!!!!!!!!!! How much of that cake were you guys wearing?
mom

Blogger Jennefer said...
I am so glad you got the stuff! I was getting worried it was taking so long to arrive.
Sorry- no card- it would have said,

"Congratulations on your cutiest evah cutie!"

Anonymous Anonymous said...
We love seeing the pictures. He is so cute and smart too. Give him a hug from Aunt Jan.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
So what I want to know is, are we having chocolate cake made by the boy himself for his party? HA! So adorable!
Hugs, Auntie Lee

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Om my L too too cute!!!

Blogger Melissa said...
cute pics. where is my piece? You know I am the chocoholic. I bet it tastes extra special because Pickle made it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That hockey pose is fabulous!!!
My son had that same sort of bedhead look, no matter what I did to his hair. So right before his 18mo pics, we went to a modified crewcut for him. He wore it that way for years. Now that he's 11, he doesn't think that's quite so stylin' any longer. So he's grown it out a little more like a metrosexual. His hair looks like it did when he was younger. So we tell him the rockband "Flock of Seagulls" must have been his favorite ;o) Perhaps the 80's music will be a favorite of his and Oleg? Probably my boy got all my stinkin' cowlicks ;o(

The chocolate cake looks rockin!! Way to go MOM!!!!! You rock! Your son is too cute for words, no matter what the pose he's in.

Blogger Maggie said...
I like the back of the shirt photo -- he's got the Tyra Banks pose going on.

By the way... love that Bill Cosby bit. "Its got milk, its got eggs..."

Anonymous Anonymous said...
He is so adorable! I finally done catching up on your blog! Reading about your journey has reinforced the idea that this is totally worth it..every freak out, every setback, every whatever.

Blogger Chris Sapp said...
Making cakes and licking the spoons continues to be one of my favorite memories of my mom. PIckle is just so adorable! He seems so happy and full of life!

Blogger Carolina Mama said...
This is too adorable! He is really a natural. How appropos your own Russian Hockey Player! :) He'll probably smoke 'em!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I looked at that drawing and thought MAN THEY TEACH THE KIDS WELL IN RUSSIA lol Great pics :)

Blogger Sandra said...
Pickle is just too cute for words. How wonderful to see your little one finally home!

Counter
Established March 19, 2006