Image hosting by Photobucket
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Everything in Mashed Potatoes tastes better
We have discovered the secret to getting Pickle to try new things. Coat it in mashed potatoes. Chicken and mashed potatoes... a hit! Throw in some cooked carrots and we have gourmet people. Damn I am an awesome mom. It only took me 4 weeks to figure this little gem out. We have eaten 5 lbs of potatoes in 1 week. CS and I don't eat 5 potatoes in a month! Good thing I like mashed potatoes.

Also for your viewing pleasure is a photo of my little fireman joe. Nooooo you don't get the bathtub photo, but this one is better.

Pickle has this fascination with telephones. We aren't quite sure where he picked this up. We never talked on the phone in Russia and hardly do here either. I was talking to my girlfriend Danielle the other night on the phone and Pickle grabs the phone from me and runs away. He really wants to talk too. So we gave him a DVD player remote to play with until we could get him his own phone. I tried looking for one at the store today, but didn't like any of the ones I saw. They all make noise and he has enough noisy toys right now. Well leave it to Captain Smartypants to find a solution. He found an old cell phone of ours and gave that to him. The boy loves it!! Once I get my new cell phone he can have my flip phone and that will be like gold to him!!

We visited our church for the first time yesterday and he thought that was pretty fun. He was able to meet some of my co-workers and one of our pastors. He loved the sanctuary. It is covered in stained glass and very colorful. Hopefully we will be able to make it to church this Sunday. I am just not sure if he will be able to sit still and be quiet for an hour. I will bring the trusty crayons and color book and other quiet busy activities, but we'll see. Once we are home for a while and really settled we will be able to start Babies Music class. That is on Tuesday nights at 5:15. He loves music and instruments so it should be fun.
18 Comments:
Blogger M3 said...
You know, I can use that same trick on Rod. Works every time. ;-)

Blogger Yeah So said...
I can't even believe that I am reading your mom blog now! It's so awesome and that face!! I can't take his cute little face!

Blogger bethee said...
Pottery Barn Kids has a fake cell phone that talks. They had one the other day when I went in to pick something up. Thought it was the coolest thing ever! The woman who helped me said that they can't keep them in stock. :)

I'm so happy for y'all!

Blogger Carolina Mama said...
Elle, can you believe he is here and you are all just living life as a happy family!!! So precious. He is so cute and a happy guy. It's surreal to just read your blog now! Congrats again.

Blogger Maggie said...
Good trick with the mashed potatoes there, lady. If he likes pasta and sauce try adding shredded carrots and zucchini into the sauce -- he'll never know it was there!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Great tip on the mashed potatoes - I'll make a note. The fireman's hat is so cute. What did you decide on the Halloween costume? Or are you going to make us wait?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
He is soooo adorable!!
Serena

Blogger 6blessings said...
He is so cute in his fireman's hat. Our boys are fascinated with fire trucks. The only video they watch is "Here Comes the Fire Truck". You might want to check it out. It's real live firemen, fire trucks, etc., not cartoons.

Don't worry about the church thing. I'm sure that everyone will just be glad he is finally home. No one will care if he makes his presence fully known. :-)

Blogger Lauri said...
very cute indeed... cant wait for all the cute stories &pics to come

Anonymous Anonymous said...
It is such a joy to read your adventures as a new mom. You two are awesome parents. Pickle looks sooo cute in his fireman's hat. I just want to hug him. I can hardly wait to meet him and do just that when we come out at Christmas. Love & Hugs, Aunt Jan

Blogger Suz said...
Oh yes, Mashed potatoes! I'd forgotten about that! D was the same way at first.

It sounds like you're getting into the groove of things around there.

You're doing a great job, it's a learn as you go thing!

Blogger sandy said...
Sounds like you're having so much fun with him! I remember when my kids were two... it was so much fun watching them play and learn. Take Pickle to a big
grassy field and watch him run.... it's so funny! Watching my kids run was like watching weebles. So cute!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Every time I look at his photos I can't believe just how gorgeous the little guy is. So glad you are working out what is working for you guys

Blogger Jennefer said...
My kids loved cell phones and pretend cell phones too. I don't know what it is about them that is so appealing to young kids. I already got one for Pineapple so we will see if it is just a boy thing or if it is a toddler thing.

Cute photo!

Mashed potatoes is something I haven't tried. Great tip!

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
yay!! I love mashed potatoes...comfort food :) Roman loves cell phones too...well, actually any phones. we have a couple around that don't work for him to play with. ~ gaye

Blogger fuzzandfuzzlet said...
OMGOSH I could live on potatoes. Mashed are the best, but I have yet to meet a potato I do not like. You go boy !

Blogger kirsten said...
hi is soooo gorgeous!!! i am so excited for you guys. you must be having so much fun, even though, i know, it is so much work! he's just so cute and looks so sweet. and what a life he is living now! awesome!!

we gave our old cell phones to our kids too. they love them. and calculators work too, at least for our 19month old.

Blogger Ann said...
Sounds like a very smart boy, b/c everything goes good with mashed potatoes. He's a handsome guy.

Counter
Established March 19, 2006