Image hosting by Photobucket
Thursday, September 28, 2006
1st doctor's visit
We took Pickle to the pediatrician for the first time today. Wow what an adventure. We decided on speaking with his pediatrician prior to making the jump to the IA clinic. Pickle is in good health and we didn't want to subject him to all of those tests and us to the cost if it wasn't truly needed.

Dr. H was awesome. Very friendly and handled our little man well. Pickle didn't scream like he did with the dumbass doc in Moscow. He was cautious, but behaved nicely. Of course Dr. H was running late so the appointment worked its way into lunch time. Ritz crackers were not holding Mr. Hungry over. At latest measurement Pickle weighs 22 pounds. Still small for his age, but we suspect he will grow like a weed.

Pickle also had a few updates to his vaccinations this morning. Holy crap people. As a mother that is just about the hardest thing ever to watch. CS held him while I tried my best to comfort him in Russian. Man alive did that kid scream. My poor baby. Had to get 4 shots. Good news is so far it hasn't made him feel ill at all. With any luck he will take it easy and sleep for more than an hour this afternoon.

I have also made a mommy mistake. Pickle and I got so busy gardening yesterday that we both forgot his afternoon snack. Well... it was more like I forgot and Pickle reminded me by standing at the front door looking in saying "Ban, Ban." Which is Pickle for banana. Oops. So he had 1/2 a banana for snack, but it was too close to dinner to give him too much more. Here is what happens when you forget to feed our boy an afternoon snack. He effectively cleaned out the drawer with all of his dishes and sat on the kitchen floor pretending to eat and saying, "num-num." Hint hint mama... kick it into gear with the dinner would ya?

This afternoon my boy found Sesame Street. I tell you the boy is a genius. I was fixing lunch for CS and me and I was watching my afternoon guilty pleasure of a soap opera when I heard something that sounded distinctly like Elmo. Yep... somehow Pickle figured out how to turn the channel to PBS. Don't know how he did it, but he did. Smart kid. Yeah that is my boy lounging about learning how to count.
22 Comments:
Blogger Denise :o) said...
Ugh!! I just LOVE seeing pictures of him! He's so adorable. Sounds like he's making himself right at home. ;o)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I SO can't wait to see you guys! Our nephew is too cute for words! Can't wait to scoop him up in a big hug and see his smile in person!
Luv and hugs, Auntie Lee

Anonymous Anonymous said...
oohhh no one warns the new moms about immunizations. Well I was warned, but I didn't realize it would be so awful. Poor you. It doesn't get better, they get harder to hold down.... We just did the 3 year ones.
Serena

Blogger Maggie said...
He's smart. "Mom won't feed me, so I'll pretend and make her feel guilty enough to blog about it." Funny. It looks like he's pretty well hooked on Elmo already. Funny.

I love that chair, by the way.

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Little Pickle is just too adorable for words. I keep looking at the photos. Must be surreal to look over into the living room and see him watching TV.

What's for dinner? Mashed potatoes?

Blogger 6blessings said...
I hate immunizations. They are hardest on mom! The boys have to start completely over with theirs and we started yesterday. They weren't pleased either. The boys only weigh about 4 pounds more than Pickle. That helps me judge his small size. Sorry you had to endure the shots!!

Sounds like he's so smart with the remote. Kids seem to have an inborn instinct when it comes to computers and other electronics!

As always, I love seeing pics of him. He's so cute!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
If I might offer a small piece of assvice. Be sure your son is tested for H Pylori. Even those IA docs don't routinely test for it.....I had to insist on it after months and months of yucky symptoms. Our playgroup of kids from the Far East Russia got tested and about half had it, not all had symptoms. Its very common in the Far East and it can be hard for kids to grow if they have it. Its the bacteria that causes ulcers.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Glad to hear Pickle is doing so well and so enjoys meal time, too cute. Love love the pics.

Blogger Wendy said...
The first time I watched as the nurse jammed the needles deep into my daughters thighs, I thought I would pass out! Way harder on the mama's I think. Pickle is the cutest little num num I have ever seen!!!!

Blogger kate said...
Thanks for continuing to share HOPE with all of us.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm so glad you are all adjusting so well. Pickle is so darn cute!! What a ham!!

Yes, shots are terrible. Glad you survived that.

That is so cute your boy switched the soap opera to Elmo. My boys dawg on Dr. Phil & Oprah. Will Pickle change the channel on those too?

I'm happy for you. Take care, Alison

Blogger Yeah So said...
Mashed Potatoes, huh? I'll have to remember that little tidbit. It's like putting a pill in cheese for your dog.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
L & D...So glad you're home and settling in. Picke is adorable!!! Congratulations. He was really worth the wait.
Debbie & Larry

Blogger Laura said...
He is so cute!! Immunizations are really tough, but they get over it, quicker than you do!
He is such a cutie!
Laura

Blogger bethee said...
What a cutie! Love the picture of him Zoning on the TV!

Blogger Ann said...
He looks so cute hanging out on the couch, at least he changed the channel to something good, way to go.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Oh man, I am dreading this part..I don't want to see my babies get shots!! Its a good thing you blog about all of this, since we are right behind you.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Shots are really hard to watch, I agree whole heartedly!! How are you doing with the baby proofed cabinents? Did you still have the notes on all the cabinents to remind you that they have baby locks on them? ;) It looks like Pickle is very happy in his new home, and it's obvious that you and CS never had a thing to worry about with being new parents!!

Blogger Jennefer said...
Man, you should have no worries about his academic future.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I absolutely hate when R~ has to get shots... just breaks my heart.
Pickle's already an expert with the remote? I'm very impressed! LOL.
BTW... I can't get LifeofElle to come up, is it still there?

Blogger Jenni said...
Yep, you've got a bonafide genius on your hands! The vaccines are horrible though, aren't they? Mine are finally done with all of theirs for a while, thank God!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey Lisa,
Pickle is so darn cute. Congrats on being a new mommie it is the hardest best job anyone could ever have. We will have to get together for a play day when we come home for a visit. Lucas Im sure will love to play with his cousin. Give hugs to the family for me and if you need anything dont hesitate to call.
love ya,
Kate, Juan, and Lukey in
Rhode Island

Counter
Established March 19, 2006