Image hosting by Photobucket
Thursday, March 30, 2006
The Weekly Update
This week's update is brought to you by Frisko Freeze. That's what I had for lunch today and man do they make a damn fine double cheese burger!!

This week two of our fearless families returned from Khabarovsk to report how the medical trip went. These were the first families to travel with AIA since D and I left last June.

The report on the medical exams is as follows:

The exams take approximately a day and a 1/2. You are examined by 8 different docs, all women. At least 2 of the exams are "naked from the waist up." There is a blood draw. It is done with a new clean needle. No worries there. There is no x-ray. There is a little feeling of the boobs. Don't worry men... there is no "feeling around" below the belt line. The entire process is basically you flying half way around the world to open up and say ahh. Harmless.
Pickle is officially a 17 month old little boy.
In other news... 2 more families are leaving this Sunday for their medical trips. One of the families going is the well known Doug & Candy whom we traveled with last June. Candy I hope you serve as of good of a tour guide as I tried to be. Safe travels and best wishes to you and Miss Banana! Wish we could be going together.

Other families will be going in subsequent weeks.

Hmmm.... Let's see... what else...

That seems to be about it. Hope everyone's week was somewhat pleasant. I know mine turned out ok.
14 Comments:
Blogger A Room to Grow said...
hmmm, am I being dense? what does your comment, "Pickle is officially a 17 month old boy". do you have a referral?

Blogger fuzzandfuzzlet said...
Ummmmm if Tricia is dense I am too.........

Were you trying to slip that in?

Lori

Blogger fuzzandfuzzlet said...
This cryptic post is killing me. I keep hitting refresh for a very late night update. !

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Come on tell us.......
I hope you are telling us that Pickle has made an intrance.
I sure hope so. You deserve some happiness right now.

Blogger Jenny said...
I can't believe you just casually put "pickle is a 17 month old boy"
WHAT IS THAT! We want info here. I know understand what we have talked about offline for the past week. All of it....

Well, anyway, I am glad the stupid medical thing is really just a formality.

later aligator-J

Blogger Deb said...
Wow a referral already. I hope so. Very happy for you.

Blogger Jennefer said...
It sounds like you are getting information about your new child. That is great! Let us know as you get more news. Things seem to be really moving with your agency. You should be on your way soon! I am so excited for you!

Blogger 6blessings said...
I agree with all of the above posts. I thought maybe I had misunderstood, but I guess not. The news just creeped in there. That is so exciting! Congratulations!! Hope to hear more very soon.

Blogger 6blessings said...
Creeped? I meant crept. It's early! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Sneaky, very sneaky sister! :)
Lee

Blogger Allison said...
Okay, I had to go back and read that post a couple of times...Congratulations!

~Allison

Blogger Clover said...
Not sure if I've commented yet? Been reading for a few weeks.

I don't know, a day and a half medical exam sounds like a big deal. I'd love to know more as you hear of others who have the exam.

Also, am curious like the others- does this mean you have a referral? I hope so. Looking forward to hearing more.

Blogger The Belanich's said...
OHHH! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope the message means what I think it means!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I thought I had missed something in a previous post...Pickle is "officially" a 17-month old little boy...more details please!

Counter
Established March 19, 2006