Image hosting by Photobucket
Sunday, June 11, 2006
A big fat Wahoooo!
Check this out...

Yep, that is my new and improved 171-H letter*. See that blue arrow. That is all that needed to be changed! It was the only thing in the mailbox yesterday. I really should have taken a photo of it sitting in there. This is the very last piece of GD paperwork I need. I think my head will esplode if I have to fill out, notarize or apostille anything else until after this kid is home. The next piece of paperwork expires sometime in September and that is the Certificate of Residency letter from our mortgage company. It took 2 months to get. So if that expires I think you will find me litterally dead under the collective loony bin bed.

There is no word on the status of our paperwork currently sitting on a desk somewhere in Khabarovsk. We are hoping that it gets filed to court sometime this week. As soon as it does I think I will lose it. That means all we are officially waiting for is "The Call." Enough to put me into parenting panic.

So I rearranged the Blogroll. Sorry to those of you who were used to it the old way. I thought it was better this way. More difficult for me to update, but with the wierdness going on over at Blogrolling I thought it was better this way. So now if Blogrolling gives up the ghost I won't lose all of your precious links.

*No it doesn't really have those black marks. That is something dumb that photoshop did when I saved the file.
18 Comments:
Blogger Carrie said...
Congrats! Now your one step closer to pickle.

Blogger M3 said...
Congratulations on the new 171!!!!!

I like the new blogroll, by the way, it's cool to be able to browse around and find new sites about adoption from other countries!

Blogger Suz said...
Yay on the new I-171H!

I also like the way you've organized the blogroll. It's very helpful and orderly :o)

Blogger Maggie said...
Congrats. Now c'mon court date!

I like the separated links, too. I may copy the idea.

p.s. Thanks for typing "esplode." I'm still chuckling.

Blogger Deb said...
Congratz on the 171-H.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Congratulations! The end of the paper chase! YEAH!!!

Blogger 6blessings said...
Congratulations on being done with papers!! That's a relief. Hope you hear very soon about court.

Blogger Lauri said...
You know what is funny- we carried the original 171 H with us everywhere while in Russia- protecting it and no one ever looked at it- we had a copy with our HS but we were told to bring the original....as it is so important and all that worry and fuss from flight to flight making sure we had it on our carry on. I remember asking the embassy- dont you want to see our 171H??? nope- we never took it out of the sealed envelope, its currently in our safe- still being protected like gold.

congrats on being done... what a good feeling that is...i remember dreaming of paperwork during that time in our adoption process

Blogger Jennefer said...
Congrats on the 171-H!! I like your new blog roll. Debbie did something similiar. It is a good idea. I should do something like that too, but I am too lazy. Maybe someday motivation will hit me.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Awesome! Not as cute as the pictures of care packages and clothes, but so beautiful in its own way. I like the "new" blogroll - much easier to prioritize when I'm trying to sneak in a quick update at work (like now)!

Blogger Yeah So said...
Ooh I can't wait to see a real live I171H in person!!! I can't wait till I actually touch one!!

I like the blogroll thingie too (fyi it's spelled Colombia, I figured that out the hard way myself)

Blogger Elle said...
Thanks for the correction Steph. Chalk that one up to "Elle is dumb"

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
We did the same thing Lauri did and carried it with us everywhere and protected it with our lives :) We were all nervous because it was printed "Fingerprints expire on June 5, 2006". We were sure that that was going to prohibit the adoption...

Congrats!! This is wonderful news and one step closer!!

Blogger sandy said...
ooooh, so that's what it looks like! now i know what i'm waiting for. what does the envelope look like? =)
congratulations!!

Blogger The Belanich's said...
Congrats!! You are so close to PICKLE now!! Hope you get travel approval soon!

Sandy B

Blogger Elle said...
Sandy,
It comes in a plain white window envelope that says "Citizenship and Immigration Services" Of course that could just be for WA. It looks like they just rubber stamp the envelope with the address.

It is pretty anti climactic (sp) when you really look at the form. I was like, "I waited 15 weeks for this!?" the first time.

Blogger Jessie said...
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
YAY. Wanna hear something funny? It expires in 18 mos, right? Well in 18 mos, when this is a distant memory, and you are busy with child rearing, you will suddenly get a warning that this is about to expire! I just got mine a few months ago and I was like WHAT IS THIS? I'd been home more than a year. Well turns out USCIS must set up a reminder letter to come up at expiration and they don't check to see if you have actually brought a child home or not. ;-) Just a little weirdness to look forward to.....
serena

Counter
Established March 19, 2006