Image hosting by Photobucket
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Relief
Earlier today I thought there wouldn't be any exciting news to share to warrant a weekly update. Boy was I wrong!!!

WE GOT OUR RELEASE LETTER!!!!!!

I cannot tell you how much of a relief this is. This means our boy is officially off the Federal Databank. You are one step closer to learning Pickle's true identity.

So the timeline from here is:
Our coordinator will collect Pickle's paperwork, combine that with ours and file it to the court. This should take anywhere from 2-3 weeks.

The judge then is taking about 4 weeks to schedule court dates.

Then families are getting about 4-5 weeks notice before the actual court date.

We may have a pre-trial date, we may not. The judge gave 1 court date without a pre-trial last week. So who knows. What we do know is that we are officially waiting for the last step now. No more paperwork (except that pesky updated immigration form)!!!

There really isn't any other exciting news. (well other than it was 4 families that got their letters, us, C&N, Jamie & Suzanne and Kathou and Paypay) Preliminary plans are already in place for a big party once we are all in Russia!!!

So my previous question still applies;

If you could equate your personality to any television character who would it be?
21 Comments:
Blogger Rhonda said...
That is AWESOME news! Congratulations. I was wondering how long your release letter would take. This is so exciting. You're one huge step closer now.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congrats!!! IAL

Right now...Carrie from Sex in the City--the Mr. Big in my life still has way too much power.

Blogger Carrie said...
Yea! I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to hear about you getting a court date.

I have to say I'm definitely like Jamie from 'Mad about You'. Although when I asked my uncle he said Elaine from Seinfeld. I don't see it...

Blogger sandy said...
Congratulations on getting your release letter!!! I hope all the scheduling comes together like clockwork and that you are traveling back soon to get Pickle!

I'm not watching a lot of TV lately, but perhaps a little like Carmella in the Sopranos... but thank God I'm not married to Tony. I don't think I could put up with all that. And I would hope that my kids will turn out better than AJ. (This is very sad since it's close to being the only show I watch... it's not however, I saw an old Seinfeld episode last night. I'm definitely not an Elaine.) Ok.. maybe I'd better come up with someone different than Carmella. =)

Blogger Sig said...
Congratulations!!!!!!!! What wonderful news, you must be flying high!!

Hmm...I guess Ihave to say Lynette from DH. Not the new Lynette with a high profile job, just the stay at home crazy Lynette with kids hanging off of her all day :)

Blogger Maggie said...
Thank goodness.

Blogger Deb said...
Great news. We'll keep praying that it all goes smooth.

I would say Monica. I like to be organized and plan although I do have my messy side kinda like her messy closet.
But recently Dave has been calling me Hammy which is from Over the Hedge. It's the squirel that gets hyper active when he drinks caffine. That's Me!

Blogger Lauri said...
Great news... congrats

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congrats! We are so excited for you both and relieved as well. Now you can sit back and do all the fun preparations for picle's homecoming & get excited for your birthday :)

No time to watch tv my dear, not unless you count Dora and Disney princesses...... love u both, H, M, L & E

Anonymous Anonymous said...
What wonderful news!!! We are SOOOO excited for you. We just hope and pray that you get the news about a court date very soon. We can hardly wait to meet little Pickle. OH BOY!!

As far as a tv character that I am like, I don't have a clue. I've been thinking about it and no one comes to mind. Will let you know if I think of one.

Congratulations! Love & Hugs, Aunt Jan

Blogger Chelsea said...
Yay, yay, yay and Yay again!! How exciting for you guys!! I can't wait to find out more about pickle!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
YYYAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you!
All our love, Lee, Wayne and B

Blogger Mary said...
Great news! Congrats! I am looking forward to getting to know Pickle.

Blogger Jenny said...
Great news!

Blogger 6blessings said...
Congratulations!! I can't wait to hear that you got your court date!! Hopefully very soon!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That is fantastic!! I'm so happy for you two!!! I'll definitely be coming by next time I come down to WA!!

Blogger Jennefer said...
One more step toward bringing your little guy home. Congratulations!

Blogger avonlea said...
That's great news!!! One more wait, just one more!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
this is great news!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
How thrilling! Your uncle Larry and I couldn't be happier for you. We can hardly wait for the pictures to add to the family gallery. Love, Aunt Debbie

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Very exciting stuff. I'm so glad for you. Have to think a bit on the TV character stuff.

Counter
Established March 19, 2006