Image hosting by Photobucket
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Coincidence or divine intervention?
I am a suffering miserable mess. D gave me his bird flu and it sucks big time. It is the strangest illness I think I have ever had. I have a sore throat that is killing me. I can barely swallow, open my mouth or speak. There is crap in my sinuses, but no sinus headache. All that crap is running into my already sore throat and it also feels like someone is sitting on my chest. Fortunately the joint pain has subsided for the moment. Last night my feet hurt so bad I could barely walk. I am sorry sweetheart for not being sympathetic when you were sick.

So with the illness returns the lack of sleep. Did you know we have a pack of wild coyotes in our area? Oh yeah. Fun times at 2 am.

While laying awake I started thinking. I realized that it was September of 2004 that I had my last visit with Dr. Indifferent. The one who told me we could keep trying to get pregnant or he could just cut me open to find out what is wrong. A while later is when I started thinking about adoption. I can't remember the exact time as to when I heard "the call," but I do know it was in late October of early November 2004. My first journal entry was Nov. 27, 2004. So it had to be a while before that.

The reason this is distinct is because if you recall the process to this adoption started with a call from God. I sat at the computer looking at different programs. I felt this unmistakable push from behind and words whispered in my ear, "I gave you your child, I put him in Russia." Something that strong cannot be ignored. What's more is that Pickle's birthday is in late October of 2004.

So is it just coincidence or divine intervention that this particular little boy was chosen to be our son?
9 Comments:
Blogger The Belanich's said...
I hope you feel better soon... and I most definitely believe it was divine intervention!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I don't know who wrote it, but the only quote I have taped to my computer screen is "There are no coincidences - only times when God chooses to remain anonymous." EVERYTHING happens for a reason :o)

Blogger Jenny said...
OK. I had the same illness and still am coughing 3 weeks later!

And, it is definately intervention, divine, fate, whatever. I feel definately like things happen for a reason. And there is no mistake Pickle was meant for you and you were meant for pickle.

Blogger Jennefer said...
I had the same illness too a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it is a "PAP sickness".

Every single one of my most spiritual experiences have been directly related to each of my children's births. I have felt God's hand in leading me in this adoption as well. There is no one closer to God than these little children. I don't believe in coincidences.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That gives me chills! And it's great encouragement for those of us who are waiting and trying to remember that God is in control of all this and the in the end, the timing will be perfect.

Blogger Maggie said...
I'm sick, too. I hope we both feel better soon.

Peanut was taken from his family the same month I started my adoption journal. I don't think signs like that are mere coincidence. There's a bigger reason that you were led to Pickle.

Blogger Rhonda said...
I just don't believe its a coincidence. Its a long road, but its a road you were meant to walk. Pickle was your son all along.

Blogger 6blessings said...
It is definitely divine intervention! We have had a very similar experience. My husband felt an intense call from God almost five years ago. He felt God was speaking to him telling him that we would have another son and told him the name. After our new referrals came through, he put two and two together and realized that these boys were born at the same time he heard God speaking to him almost five years ago. (They will be 5 in the beginning of June.) We will be naming one of them the name that God gave him.

God directs our paths. He knows the plans He has for you. It is no coincidence that Pickle is your son!!

Blogger Lauri said...
I totally believe that things happen for a reason.... its an amazing journey.... you are meant to be Pickles Mom

hugs

Lauri

Counter
Established March 19, 2006