Image hosting by Photobucket
Monday, May 15, 2006
Because I want to
Since this is my blog (ok, it really belongs to D and I, but he rarely posts)... anyway, since this is my blog I am going to do what I want to.

I will say that my regular readers have been very good at commenting. Thank you all. I appreciate you and will try my best to reciprocate as much as possible.

So I have what I call my "Secret Squirrel Stat Counter" hooked to all of my blogs and websites. You can't see it, you can't check it because only I have the power!! And I like it that way. Even D doesn't know the password. Of course that isn't because I don't want him to know, it is just because I have never gotten around to giving it to him. Although, he is pretty bright so I am sure with a little deductive reasoning and time he could figure it out.

Where was I? Oh yes. Today my stat counter told me that I had a visitor from Barbados. Hello, whoever you are. Probably someone who happened upon us by accident, but Hi anyway. This got me thinking. One of the cool things my stat counter shows me is what countries people have visited from. Yeah sure, the map does too, but that means I need to know my world geography and as illustrated by my last 2 posts on Life of Elle, I am dumb.

When we started Unexpected Miracles I started writing down all of the countries that people have visited from. Wanna see the list. Too bad! I am going to show it to you anyway.

United States, Germany, United Kingdom, Canada, Russia, Australia, Scotland, Hong Kong, Philippines, Finland, Netherlands, India, Kazakhstan, Puerto Rico, Ireland, Italy, Denmark, Barbados, South Korea, Spain, Portugal, New Zealand, Sweden, Israel, Mexico.

There are few others, but I didn't get them written down. I have regular readers in Australia and Germany, but I don't know who they are... hint, hint.

So now, since this is my blog and I can do what I want to, I am going to start pointing out those locations that are regular visitors, but not regular commenters. HA! I'll make you de-lurk. So do it now before I make a spectacle out of you.

My nifty neato country stats also work for cities. I can tell you stuff like Californians read my blog more than Washingtonians. And that some of you need more to do with your days.
21 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hello Elle, It's me marisolpr from Puerto Rico !

I enjoy reading your blog since I am currently in the paperchase for a baby boy from Russia.

Marisol

Blogger Carrie said...
Oh! Busted! Yes I have no life and I check my blogs way too much... but I do try to comment when possible. Cool counter though. If my blog ever gets interesting enough for people to read I may have to try it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I've commented before, but figured I'd do it again so you don't out me re: where I'm from.

Blogger Maggie said...
I check my blogs obsessively. It's an illness.

Blogger glo said...
Ok Well just the good ole USA here, and I want a secret suirrel counter. Help me Please!!! Come on Pretty Please!!!

Blogger Jennefer said...
It is just me again. Any other Maryland readers?

Blogger glo said...
LOL I found the squirrel!!! Thanks. I so want lots of people from around the world to know about our little Elia!!! (my new little grandbaby) Please come to visit her and bring all your friends too. LOL .

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
I live in California. Please don't call my office & turn me in!

Blogger Yeah So said...
Yeah what's the deal with all these visitors and no comments?? It's easy, SEE?? I too am obsessed with statcounter. You'll be happy to know most of my hits come from your blog...so thanks!

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
You know, since we got home with Roman, I have been a lurker...I rarely have more than a few minutes of quiet where I can read and catch up with all of my online friends :) ~ gaye

Blogger Rhonda said...
Should I drive across the Canadian border and hit your site? Then you could add that to your list :-). I know you have at least three readers from Alaska.

Blogger fuzzandfuzzlet said...
lol

OK I am delurking. I am not sure if I have posted before or not.

I am Lori from Spokane WA.

I built my family throgh the miracle of adoption. My son came to us as a newborn (he is now almost 8) my DD came to us when she was 17 months old (she will be 7 soon... yikes they grow way too fast)

We also had a failed adoption during our journey.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey! Ok, I'll delurk also. I have never posted on anyones blog before, just enjoy reading everyone's experience.

We adopted our son from Moscow last year in March at 13 mo and I wish I had started a blog to have a record of everything. I did it the old fasioned way and just journaled.

Anyway, I was a 4th grade teacher and now a SAHM who gets bored during naptime so that's when I lurk on blogs :) I'm enjoying your journey and hopefully if we do this again, I can become a blogger.

Blogger 6blessings said...
I probably check for updates too frequently. I'm always waiting to find out if there's a new referral or court date in the group!! I know less than 5% who read our blog actually comment. I guess I'm just boring. I usually post some kind of comment just to let people know their blogging efforts aren't in vain. I get busy sometime though. Sorry if I miss some.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That squirrel doesn't know where I work or who my boss is, does he?? I HAVE to check some at work because my husband already pouts about how much time I spend keeping up with blog news.

Blogger Deb said...
I don't wanted to be busted either. Debbie from the "Lone Star State." I am atticted and check various times a day. I just run down my list clicking to see if anyone has updated. When it's real slow at work.... lots of hits from me.

Blogger Jill said...
jill living in nj - adopting from korea!

Blogger Sig said...
Well I am just from plain old NJ and I don't check the blog as much as I would like to, but I promise to check it from Guatemala when I get there so i can add to your international readers, LOL.

Blogger Suzanne said...
me. Bellingham. Big surprise eh? I mostly check these days to steal your widgets, Blogrolling being my most recent swipe.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hi, we are from Australia (South Gippsland - a rural area south east of Melbourne). We have a file in China and are awaiting allocation. Like you guys, we had a call from God moment which started us on this path.
We have been so excited for you as you were meeting your precious Pickle, and we pray that time speeds by til you bring him home.

~ Fiona and Jamie

Blogger Kim said...
Hi from Germany - this is the first time I've seen your site so I'm not the lurker. I too am having trouble with getting lurkers to post comments - but my blog is only a week old so maybe I should give it some time...anyway hooope you visit! Blogging is fun and even funner when lurkers comment! I'm blogging night and day (morning now having my coffee)It's very addictive.

Counter
Established March 19, 2006