Image hosting by Photobucket
Sunday, May 21, 2006
Virtual Chicken Soup
I wanted to give a big thank you to all the well wishes from everyone. It has been a very long time since I have been this sick. I did have strep throat last fall, but wasn't very ill with it. This time I am just wiped out.

I will say that I made the mistake of doing a little too much yesterday. We had bell choir rehearsal in the morning and then off to the docs. From there we went to our local Fred Meyer store (grocery/clothing/ everything store) to get my prescriptions filled. We decided to wait it out and wandered around the store. Once my drugs were ready I noticed that the cough syrup the doc prescribed way Mytussin. The same stuff I already had at home, but my old stuff had expired. Anyway, from previous experience I knew that this stuff tastes nasty. I mean drinking soap nasty. Well thanks to the miracles of modern medicine they can include additives to your medications to make them more palatable. I asked the pharmacy assistant if they could add something to my cough syrup. This woman looked at me like I was the biggest baby in the world. (The stuff flavorings are really meant for children) I did get my way, but it took another 15 minutes for the pharmacist to add the stuff. So more wandering around.

I did spend most of the afternoon on the sofa, but did get up to walk around my garden. We had previously made plans to go see the DaVinci Code with Kathou and PayPay on Saturday. The smart person would have said I'll take a rain check, but I was so excited to get off the couch I thought I would be fine.

You know the person that sits behind you in the movie theater and coughs through the entire movie? Yeah that was me. I felt awful. I started coughing everytime I inhaled. I think it was God's way of saying, "see you should have stayed in bed."

Today I am taking the advice. I did have to attend church this morning since it was our big bell "concert" and then our semi-annual congregational meeting. When your husband is the council secretary you kind of have to attend these kinds of things. After that I parked myself on the couch and have been here all afternoon.

I must say though that this antibiotic they gave me is the grossest stuff. The pharmacist warned me it would give me a bitter taste in my mouth. Bitter is an understatement here people! It tastes like I have been throwing up all day. This is worse than the smell of the stinkiest cheese or feet. Fortunately it doesn't make food taste gross.

I wanted to send good wishes to all the others who are sick out there too. Margaret, Caroline, and any others. Also, please keep Derek's Grandma "Bunny" in your prayers. Bunny has suffered from heart related issues for quite a while now and she is in poor health. D's parents are back in Kansas with her now and Mom did report that she is quite puny. Her doc said it was a little touch and go the week before last, but they are adjusting some of her medications and that should help. We really are wanting her to get better. She has a new great-grandson to meet! Despite the fact that I really wanted to go up to Alaska this fall to see my good friend Jake and meet Olga, and Rhonda we are making sure that our first trip anywhere with Pickle is to Kansas to see GG Bunny and the rest of the Bartel/ Lindholm family.

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. I have to take D to the airport tomorrow for his trip to Minnesota. So would someone please send me an email on occasion reminding me to eat. I have a tendency to overlook meals when I am alone.
5 Comments:
Blogger 6blessings said...
Here's your first reminder... EAT!!

You especially need it to help your recovery time. Rest and eat!

Hope he's not gone too long.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Here is another reminder to eat. Ya gotta keep up your strength. Talked to MIL last night and she said that she thought that Bunny was looking a bit better. The doc has been adjusting her meds and will do week by week. The Dunnes and Bartels will be with her this weekend for her 84th BD and Memorial Day duties. We will give her your love. Love Aunt Jan

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That should read YOUR MIL! Ha Aunt Jan

Blogger Chelsea said...
Have you eaten yet today Elle??Don't Forget eager readers anticipate more posts =)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Get better soon, and have fun planning your trip to Kansas! We'll miss you up here this year, but there's always next year!! I'll start sending e-mails to harass you to eat! What are friends for, after all???

Counter
Established March 19, 2006