Image hosting by Photobucket
Friday, March 31, 2006
Sneaky Ass Elle
How many of you read that last post over an over to make sure you weren't hallucinating? How many of you now want to smack me because you think I am sick and twisted? Sorry about that. Thought I would have a little fun with y'all.

**Disclaimer** I apologize to my friends and family who are learning of this news in this particular fashion. Our best intentions were to call you personally, but either we were too lazy or you just weren't home. Or you could be screening us... that's just not nice.

So yes... Pickle is officially a 17 month old little boy. Tuesday morning I received an email from our agency in which the subject line read: "re: referral." My heart just about jumped out of my chest. I opened the email to see a set of huge blue eyes staring back at me. The other thing I noticed... Blond hair! This one has hair!!!

Pickle seems to be healthy and has been given a big "thumbs up" by the orphanage doctor. He has also been given the green light from our IA doc. Of course we have very limited information at this point.

The best part of the story is that all 5 families that lost their children received referrals on Tuesday. Olga said it was difficult to do, but somehow they managed to make it happen. Tuesday was a very good day for us.

We are going to be very guarded in the information that we share with people. Photos are going to be for family and very close friends. We still have not decided on a name yet. We are doing a huge waffle on this one. We don't know his exact birth date yet. We won't get that until we travel. So the information that we are publicly sharing is that Pickle is a blonde haired, blue eyed, 17 month old boy.

As far as travel goes, we haven't gotten the exact dates yet. We are being told the beginning of May. The trip will be 5 business days in Khabarovsk to give us time to complete the "open up and say ahh" and to give us sufficient time with Pickle.

You guys should be happy I am telling you at all. I was going to wait and make a post from the airport in Korea that read, "Greetings from Korea!" D said that would just be cruel. I did have to mess with you somehow though. Please don't egg my house.
19 Comments:
Blogger fuzzandfuzzlet said...
I am sticking out my tounge at you !!!!


I don`t think you qualify for sick and twisted (yet ;) ) but that was pretty darn sneaky.

CONGRATS !

Lori

Blogger Jenny said...
Totally sneaky! I am smiling for you though.
Have a WONDERFUL weekend trying to come up with a name!

take care-Jenny

Blogger 6blessings said...
Congratulations!! You sure had all of us going. Wow! He sounds like a doll. Hopefully, the time will fly until you travel and see him in person. What a lucky little guy! Congratulations again!!!

Blogger Yeah So said...
WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!

YAY FOR YOU!!

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
OH MY GOSH!! Wonderful news to hear of your little Pickle :) So happy for you guys! That was so fast! I had not read your last post...i will have to go back and do that. Congrats...big hugs! ~ gaye

Blogger CarolinaGirl said...
That is soooooooooo amazing, awesome, everything!!. Oh my gosh!. This is great!. This is wonderful that you shared with us. I can't wait to hear what happens next!!!!

Blogger Maggie said...
Congratulations. I'm so happy you didn't have to wait too long for referral after all the months of waiting and waiting before. I'll says lots of prayers and keep my fingers crossed as much as is humanly possible.

Blogger Lauri said...
Congrats- just getting caught up - thats so great- OMG OMG

all the best-

Love
Lauri

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Very happy for you. And how wonderful that everyone got new referrals. Will be interested to hear first hand knowledge of the dreaded exam and how many body parts get probed.

Blogger Sig said...
YES!! A pickle!! You're having a pickle!! Woohooo!!
I am so happy for you guys! May will come before you know it and you'll get the once(...er...8 times) over. Cannot wait to hear about the blonde/blue angel with hair!!

Blogger Sig said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Wonderful news!
Serena

Blogger M3 said...
Whoa!!!!!! That is huge news, just huge! Congratulations. Oh man, I am just jumping up and down in excitement for you. Sending huge hugs...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
YEAH!!!! Congratulation, I am so glad you have received another referral so quickly!

Kay B

Blogger Rhonda said...
Congrats you guys! Sorry for the late comment here, I've gotten behind on my reading. Jeez, take a day or two off and you guys have a REFERRAL. How exciting! This is awesome.

Blogger Jennefer said...
Sorry this congrats is so late! It is my son's birthday and we have been doing all of this stuff for his party. The party is actually going on right now and I have snuck away to take a break. I think there are 5 million kids at our house right now.

But enough about my excuses! I am so excited for you! I knew this was coming very soon. I hope the next few months go very smoothly for you and D. I look forward to hearing about everything!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
this is wonderful news. and it's great that they were able to find referrals for the whole group - i'm sure that will take some of the pain of the last few weeks away (or numb it at least) and provide some happiness to everyone. and a 1st trip in may? sounds like you are lucky and will avoid some cold weather!!! so soon. congrats again.

Blogger bethee said...
OMG, thats amazing news!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. I'm sorry I'm just now pulling my head out of the cold coma I've been in to get over here and be excited with you. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
CONRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you poth. Lucky Pickle!

Counter
Established March 19, 2006