Image hosting by Photobucket
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Weekly Update; with a bit of randomness
First I want to say that I am shocked and amazed at the shear number of comments on the last post. We had 10 in less than 24 hours. Apparently I struck a cord. I do want to go on record to say that the post was in no way intended to frighten people away from Russian adoption. The process is not without it's flaws. If someone asked me if I would do it again I am not sure how I would answer that question. Ask me again when it is all said and done and I have my son in my arms.

So the update on our process... Well... it looks like our paperwork won't be filed to court until the last week in June. Kathou and Paypay will likely be Monday so we will be about 2 weeks behind them. With any luck our travels will overlap.

In other news; D made the trek to the Secretary of State's office for the apostille on the 171-H letter and promptly dropped it in a DHL box with a guaranteed arrival in Anchorage by noon tomorrow. If it doesn't arrive I think D will get a beating with an under used hockey stick. Of course it won't be his fault, but it will at least make me feel better. You see Olga is sending a package to Khabarovsk tomorrow and she wants that letter in the package. So do I.

So to celebrate I am going to give you guys a movie preview. I thought you all needed a laugh and I also thought watching Mary-Mia trying to recreate a diet coke and mentos experiment was not nearly enough. Sure, you wanted some more photos of Pickle's stuff, but I don't really have any. So you will have to settle for this (caution it does have a bad word in it):



This was so stinkin cleaver I wish I could take credit for it, but alas no.
11 Comments:
Blogger Rhonda said...
I have some special things in that package too. Here's to a speedy delivery to Russia!

Blogger sandy said...
Thanks for the book recommendations. I am going to hunt down Count of Monte Cristo tomorrow. I'll look for the other one too. Thanks!!

Blogger 6blessings said...
Congrats on getting that all-important document sent. Isn't it amazing how much papers are worth to those adopting? The guy at FedEx asked me how much the papers I sent off the other day were worth to me. What kind of question was that? I told him they were priceless. He told me I could only insure the documents for $100.

Blogger Steveg said...
Ok, so I just had to comment on the video. AWESOME!!! First, the 10 Commandments is like one of my most favorite movies of all time. Second, any creation that can make me LMAO on a Bible movie is a sure winner.

Blogger Elle said...
Just a note from the author. I you leave a comment on my blog that I don't like I will delete it. For those of you that know me I am a woman who has survived by faith alone for the last 18 months. I work in a church and take my spirituality and religion very seriously. I am allowed to make fun of it on occasion. I thought the movie trailor was funny. It is my blog and if you have the balls to leave a negative comment on my blog at least have the balls to say your name. So think twice about what you say.

Blogger Chelsea said...
Amen to your comment Elle! If you can't make fun of yourself who can you make fun of?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Glad D was able to get the package sent off.

Nice use of the video. Happy I was able to share it with you. IAL

Blogger Jennefer said...
I loved that Sinead O Conner reference! Thanks for cheering me up.

Sorry, that someone made a negative comment. If you can't make fun of Hollywood's over the top, extremely dated, largely unscriptural rendition of the 10 Commandments what can you make fun of?

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
Someone emailed that to me last week...what a riot!! :) gaye

Blogger Kimbell and Mark said...
WOW - just read your blog for first time - what a wild ride you have had. Hang in there - that Habakak verse you refer to is one we hung onto during our "journey"

Blogger Julie said...
Hi, I'm just checking out your blog! My son was adopted from Russia 4 years ago. We are now adopting from China.
Julie

Counter
Established March 19, 2006