Image hosting by Photobucket
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Adoption: a retrospective
So this is supposed to be an adoption blog. Unfortunately, maintaing two blogs eats at my 1 hour of free time each day. Thus the lack of posts here. And no. you don't get photos today. Sorry. Check back later this week for some Halloween photos.

Over the past 2 years I have learned a ton about myself, my husband and my marriage. I have learned the art of patience. I have learned to lean on my spouse and my friends when I need help. And I have nearly learned to ask for help. Still not quite there yet.

But I learned the most about adoption. The process, the heartache, the joy and the friendships you can make by joining this wonderful community.

Would we do it again?
I still can't answer that one yet. Some days it is yes. Some days it is yes, but not from Russia. Some days it is no way in hell.

What I would like to do here is to give families starting the process or new to the process the completed family point of view. How we went about doing things and what we would do differently. I want to start from the begining. Look for an upcoming post about making the decision to adopt.
2 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
Sounds like a great idea. You have so much knowledge. I'm looking forward to learning more about the process myself.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Its a TOUGH process, that's for damn sure. After we were finished, I told B, "I feel like we've just been beaten through this entire process for the last two years....emotionally and financially." I know like us, you love the child like crazy, but the process is REALLY difficult. We had no idea what we were in for.

Counter
Established March 19, 2006