Image hosting by Photobucket
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
I fell off the edge of the earth.
I bet that is what you guys are thinking at about this moment. Seeing as it has been... I can't figure out how long since I lost posted. And no... I don't have new photos to show you. Well I do, but I am too lazy and tired to post them.

Life in our house has been interesting. We have a growing boy who would like nothing more than to eat bananas all day. He would be happy if his diet consisted of yogurt and bananas with an occasional cookie thrown in.

Pickle and I did have a date on Monday morning though. I was supposed to meet a congregation member at one of our local coffee establishments, but much like her usual self she didn't show up. So I ordered my coffee, Pickle an OJ and we decided to split a cookie. There I go again with the cookies. But this wasn't just any ordinary cookie. This was an Pink Cookie! THE pink cookie.

Now there is a story behind the pink cookies. If that link takes you to the Mostly Muffins home page click on the link that says "Original Pink." It will take you to the story behind the Pink Cookie. Take special note in the story about the fact that the bakery was sold in 1996. CS and I got married in 1996. In 95-96 we lived in the City of Subdued Excitement (where Suzanne lives.) There I had a college roommate from Poland. She was dating a guy we refer to as Drug. Drug worked at Mostly Muffins. The thing Drug liked about working there is their government allotted smoke break was a little more "fun." Hence the name Drug. Hmmmm... a pot head working at a bakery. No wonder those cookies are so damn good! Anyway, College roommate moves out, but comes back to visit another term. We ask about Drug and she says he quit because there is a new owner at the bakery and the new owner won't let them smoke during their breaks.

Now there is no correlation between me eating the cookie and the pot. I want to make that crystal clear. I just hadn't had a pink cookie in forever and seeing one made me think of this story.

I promise next time there will be photos.
8 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Dang, no picture of Oleg & a pink cookie ;o(
Ok, next time?
Hey I know. When I take you up on that invite to drop in next time I'm in the neighborhood, let's go treat Oleg to a pink cookie.
Have a great night, Alison ;o)

Blogger Maggie said...
That story of "Drug" is so ironic. I stopped at Subway tonight to pick up a lazy woman's dinner and as I was walking in an employee came out of the bathroom with a lit cigarette and headed outside. I was thinking how horrible it was that he had a lit cigarette in the building when I got a whiff of a suspicious odor. Let's just say that was no ordinary cigarette.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
THE Pink Cookie?!? I LOVED those things! I didn't know they were still around. I haven't had one in more than ten years! Are they still as good as I remember?
Drooling and a little jealous,
Auntie Lee

Anonymous Anonymous said...
No pictures. Dang. I need a picture of Oleg "fix". Am looking forward to seeing Oleg with the cookie. Give him a hug from Aunt Jan.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
That is funny! We were just at Dennys and our waiter was stoned (we guessed because he looked it). He forgot to put our order in (he told us after waiting for 30 min). It was fun, ya. ANYWAY.. I always wondered why I loved those pink cookies so much (ha, ha).

Blogger Carolina Mama said...
What a sketch! Too hilarious. Please do not introduce me to great cookies! :) We did miss you so glad you're back!

Blogger Ann said...
Bannanas, yougurt and pink cookies...sounds like a smart boy!!

Blogger Rhonda said...
Sheesh, bananas and yogurt. Sounds like you're talking about Bonnie and Clyde. They won't even eat potatoes anymore. Go figure.

Counter
Established March 19, 2006