Image hosting by Photobucket
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Halloween fun
I decided to go back and read the post I wrote from October 31st last year. October was a horrible month for us. We hadn't been to see Sasha in 5 months and it looked as if there was no hope. This was the point in which we asked the question, "should we switch agencies?" That was a very little known fact about us. I remember sitting at our church for the annual Halloween party thinking that my child would be home then. Little did I know what plans were in stall for us.

This year was a little different. We had a subdued afternoon yesterday to prepare ourselves for the pandemonium that is our church halloween party.

For those of you who were wondering what costume I selected for Pickle it was the turtle. I can't remember if I ever said. So without further ado... here are our Halloween photos.
10 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
He's so cute, I can't stand it(...and my God, your floors are clean. Help me with mine?)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
What a great costume! And he looks absolutely adorable in it! I'm rather amused that both kids have that exact puzzle, and based upon what's in his hand, they both like the bee the best! It's the first bug that Quin can identify as being something besides a bug!

Blogger Suz said...
Very cute turtle! Did he fuss about wearing the head??

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
next year how about dressing him up as a pickle?

Blogger Denise :o) said...
Oh my goodness, could he get any cuter?????????????????

Anonymous Anonymous said...
What a sweetie!! You went through a lot to get that cute little guy. I am glad you got to have him home for Halloween!

Halloween last year I would never have imagined that we wouldn't have our child home by now. I was sending emails to our agency asking if she thought we could have a child home before Christmas last year. She must have been laughing herself silly.

Blogger beagle said...
Very cute!

Blogger 6blessings said...
Cute turtle!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Elle:
Amazing how much a year can change things....at this time last year we were desperately trying to arrange a way to independently adopt Anastasia; this year we took Kira, in her princess costume, trick-or-treating with her big brother Thomas. A true miracle, one we hope so many others will be blessed to have in the near future!

Blogger Maggie said...
Cutest turtle I've ever seen!

I know what you mean about the change that one year can make. At Halloween last year things were still OK with my plans to adopt Vladimir. The orphanage director was still somewhat supportive (although that soon changed) and I had just finished my home study. Only accreditation stood in my way. If only I knew...

Counter
Established March 19, 2006