Image hosting by Photobucket
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Can I relax now?
No my head has not officially "esploded" yet. Although I did think it was going to last night when I figured out that I gave the social worker the wrong dollar amount for my salary. Fortunately he was able to correct the page the error was on.

I think I can actually take a break to go work in my garden. I finally sent all of our paperwork off to our agency. When all is said and done we will have redone all but 2 pieces of paperwork. Let's all pray that the 2 we don't have to do never have to be redone. They are our 171-H (refingerprinting) and our Certificate of Residency (has to come from Chase Manhattan Bank.)

My day consisted of going to D's office to have the required paperwork notarized, drive to Olympia (30 minutes away) to pick up 3 certified copies of our marriage certificate. I then argued with the notary there that I had to certify that it was a true and correct copy. She refused to do it. She said the Sec. of State would apostille it the way it was. I didn't believe her. I then trusted this strange lady and drove downtown to the SoS office. I proceeded to wait 15 minutes for them to call my number. A rude lady took my paperwork and said have a seat... it will be about 15 minutes. She handed my paperwork to another lady (who was nice) and she went over everything. I paid her a handsome chunk of change and she told me the paperwork would be done in 10-15 minutes. I waited patiently. About 10 minutes later she handed me my stuff and I was outta there! I headed to my local ship it there quick store to send our stuff off. I again shelled out nearly $40 to mail my paperwork to the agency (money well spent if you ask me!)

I was so relieved to have that paperwork out of my hands! I drove from Olympia to my favorite supermarket in Tacoma (not TJ's) to buy me a reward sandwich and one of my favorite treats of all time... Orangina! I think now I am going to go play in the dirt and not worry about what I have to do for the rest of the afternoon.

The sun is shining, I bought our plane tickets yesterday, I sent my paperwork today, we are planning on going up to the travel agent on Friday to drop off our Visa apps and then we are ready to go. All is left is to pack!
13 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Way to go on the paperwork . . . just shows ya that experience and "tude" are pretty fine tools for getting ready to go see Pickle!! He's one lucky little guy to have you for his mommy and daddy! And dirt is great therapy - did ya plant or "tear out"? Luv, Mom and Dad

Blogger kirsten said...
very exciting news that you are ready to go. i can't imagine the paperwork! we had a lot and we are adopting here! congrats on everything. looking forward to reading more about pickle!

Blogger glo said...
Good for you. I am very excited and happy for you and pickles!!!

Blogger Rhonda said...
Wow, I can't believe how fast its all happening. This is so cool!

Blogger Maggie said...
You're caught in a whirlwind. What a great place to be!

Blogger Jennefer said...
I am so excited that things are finally happening for you guys.

Doesn't it feel good to get paperwork off? It is like a weight being lifted off your shoulders. Although with me there is a little nagging fear that something will happen and my paperwork won't be received, but we won't entertain that thought here!

I am glad that things worked out with your marriage certificate. I can't believe you had to redo almost all of your paperwork. And you did it so quickly- Wow you were motivated.

Take a respite from your labors before you head in to packing. The exciting parts are yet to come.

Blogger 6blessings said...
I'm with you on the paperwork thing. We thought we were done and even had a lot ready for our second trip. Now that we have switched regions we are having to redo so much and a lot of it for the second trip is different. Ugh!! Just when we thought we had it all together. Have fun packing!! How many lists do you have? :)

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
I wish I could have gotten my paperwork apostilled in 15 minutes...wow, that's impressive. Virginia won't let you wait for it.

I sent the last of everything off on Tuesday and I havent started putting all of my piles into suitcases yet...

EXCITING!! I am so happy for you guys...gaye

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Way to go! I think there are a couple of Molsons with your name on them! :)
Lee

Blogger Lauri said...
Yippy Skippy- exhale and relax before the trip

cant wait to hear all about it

Lauri

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Well it sounds like you are on your way with getting the paperwork sent off. Congrats! We can hardly wait to see some pictures of little Pickle. Take a deep breath now and relax just a bit before packing to go. Love to you all, Aunt Jan & Uncle Tom

Blogger Carrie said...
Yeah! I can't wait to hear all about Pickle. Now, get some rest!

Blogger Yeah So said...
Holy crap how exciting!! I can't believe you are traveling so soon, that is just AWESOME. How on earth are you going to keep your head out of the clouds for the next two weeks? Can you focus on anything else?? I know I couldn't!!

Counter
Established March 19, 2006