Image hosting by Photobucket
Monday, April 03, 2006
What could make Elle's head esplode?
So I am sitting at my desk today, minding my own business (as I'm apt to do), and my cell phone starts buzzing. I am getting a call from the beautiful and talented Elle. Turns out that she got a email this morning from our agency and they wanted to know if we could travel April 22-29... uhhh, come again? April 22? As in two weeks from this Saturday?
Don't get me wrong, this is great news, but very sudden news. We thought we we're going to have until May to get our paperwork ready, get orphanage donations, pack, etc. So now begins a flurry of notarizing, apostilling (is that a word?) and general panicking at our house. So if you see on the news that a little lady's head esploded or she spotaneously burst into flames, that would be Elle.

All kidding aside, we can hardly wait to go and meet Pickle. We're interested to get to know him and find out what his personality is like. We also can't wait to see Russia again, even though it may be a bit cold still at the end of April... Guess it's a good thing we didn't go out and buy cold weather gear. It will be nice to be able to walk around without having to wear parkas and long underwear ;) Well, back to the paper chase...

P.S. This is more news that Elle wanted to surprise everyone with by posting from the airport in Seoul, but told her that was just mean. I also don't want anyone to egg the house while we're gone.

-D
17 Comments:
Blogger Elle said...
he always ruins my fun

Blogger Jenny said...
That is wonderful, though quick, news!!

Blogger Maggie said...
Big thanks to Derek.

What great news! Quick is good. I'm all for quick.

Blogger M3 said...
Good job Derek, we NEED to know this info so we can celebrate with you guys! Whahooooooo! (I'm also crossing eggs off my grocery list now. Whew, won't be needing them anymore.)

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
OH MY GOSH!!! Amazing news! We will be traveling to Russia at the same time! WOO HOO PICKLE!!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
will there be anyone in the states at the end of april? i will hold down the fort while everyone is traveling. i'm glad things are moving quickly for you. hoping this is a sign of more things to come! now, get packing ... do you really have enough time for blogging??!! :)

Blogger glo said...
so happy to hear your good news.

Blogger Rhonda said...
HOLY COW. I had a feeling you guys might be traveling in April. This is awesome! Congrats.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yeah!!!! I guess we can celebrate at work tomorrow. I promise to keep my big mouth shut. I

Blogger 6blessings said...
Wow!! I just posted on my site about our travel date, only to turn around and check blogs. I can't believe our dates are so close. I'm so happy for the two, I mean, three of you!! We'll be in a packing frenzy together. I can't wait to hear all about Pickle and your trip. Congratulations!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Right there with you two, packing, panicing, apostilling. Looking forward to meeting you at the airport.

Best,

Suzanne

Blogger Lauri said...
Thats great news- let the flurry of activity begin- cant wait tohear about your trip

Congrats

lauri

Blogger Deb said...
What an Unexpected Miracle to be traveling so soon. So very happy & excited for you.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
We are so excited for you! What wonderful news. We can hardly wait to see pictures of little Pickle. Don't worry about getting everything ready for your trip, it will all fall into place because God is with you in this journey. Love you, Aunt Jan & Uncle Tom

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Excellent news! And thank you to D for keeping us in the loop! Have a wonderful time playing in the north!

Blogger Jennefer said...
It is finally happening for you guys! I bet the next few months will be a whirlwind. It is like this you wait and wait and wait and then all of a sudden you are rushing around with an esploding head (Have you been watching Rugrats lately- that is how they talk). Anyway, this is so great. I can't believe that you could have Pickle home with you in a couple of months. It is possible. I hope your trip is wonderful!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
This is great news! It's pretty wonderful to get an unexpected surprise...speaking from experience. Enjoy Russia's cold weather...Russia's supposed to be cold.

Pickle is one lucky little boy!

Counter
Established March 19, 2006