Image hosting by Photobucket
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Alive and kickin'
Did y'all think I drowned in a puddle of my own vomit from partying too much on my birthday? Nope, sorry no getting drunk and flashing the neighbors stories.

I had a fantastic birthday. I want to thank all of you for your wonderful birthday wishes. I can't tell you how special I felt. Of course in true Elle fashion I took photos of my entire day and of the party we had Saturday night. So you know I am going to make it into a video. Still working on it though.

It is 90 fuggin degrees here and my office is on the south side of the house. Can you say sweatshop? Even my fancy ceiling fan isn't doing the job. Yeah, yeah lots of you live in the south, midwest, california and other places that it gets hot, but I live in the Northwest. You know the place where it rains all. the. time. Oh no... not now. I had to bust out the actual shorts and tank tops. I am not sure the world is ready to see my white chicken legs. Too bad world!!!

So the best gift I got for my birthday? Well D was so kind as to give me his revisit of the Orphanage Super Virus. I woke up with a raging headache (not because of the Vodka) but because of all the crap building up in my sinuses. It is 90 degrees people!! Both of us are sick.

We are trying to take it easy today. D did decide to play softball this afternoon. (more the fool him) and me... well I sat in the sweatshop and worked on some blog designs. Now I am off for some serious idiot box watching. Deadliest Catch marathon today. Couldn't begin to tell you why I am fascinated by crab fishing. mmmm. crab.
8 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Let's make that THREE of us now suffering with nasal congestion, hacking cough and headache!! Maybe we could blame it on Indian Summer if Dad comes down with the crudm too! Otherwise, we're glad you made it through the big 3-0!! :0)) Luv ya, Mom/MIL

Blogger 6blessings said...
Hope you feel better soon! Come to Oklahoma. We're having a cold front. It's only in the upper 80s. We're usually in the mid to upper 90s or low 100s. Come enjoy the "cool" weather! Ha!

Blogger Jennefer said...
I am so glad that you had a nice birthday!

Our bedroom gets really hot too. It is the hottest room in the house. Our air conditioner can never quite cool it off.

Hope you feel better soon!

Blogger SoFlaMom said...
Try hot and muggy 24/7 in FL LOL! We are going to Denver next month to cool off.

Get well soon.

SoFlaMom

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Hope you are feeling better soon!

My vice lately has been the World Cup. Don't know why, but I just love fans, excitement.

Blogger Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Suzanne said...
Glad you had a happy birthday day. Hope you feel better soon, can you go outside and sweat it out? (Advice I personally would not take, as I'd pass out and die of heatstroke). It just seems so wrong to have cold in the heat, though I think you probably have the flu.

Poor you!

opps, sorry, you don't do the self-pity thing. Hmmmm, is sympathy acceptable?

Blogger Elle said...
sympathy is perfectly acceptable. I refuse to admit I have the flu. I am actually feeling a little better today. And a huge thanks to D who went out and purchased me nyquil so I could sleep. Of course no sleep was to be had on my part last night.

Counter
Established March 19, 2006