Image hosting by Photobucket
Monday, July 31, 2006
Pins and Needles, Pins and Needles
It is too funny that I woke up today knowing what this morning's blog post title was going to be. (yes, I am sure there will be more than one.) Anyway, I do my morning ritual of email (thank you Margaret and Cathy for the wake-up notes), blog checking and forum reading. I work my way down the list to Sandy B's blog. Same title!!! Too funny.

It is a happy day out in the IA world for so many reasons. Referrals of babies from China should be arriving in their new parents hands sometime today. Check out M3's big list of referrals. It should come out sometime today or tomorrow. Congrats to all of you.

My email wake up from Margaret this morning was a screen shot of the DHL tracking page with the beautiful words, "Shipment Delivered." WOOO HOOO!!! The fingerprints are in Khab on-time for our pre-trial hearing. Many prayers are being said that the judge doesn't ask for anything else.

So here is how all this is going to play out. I am going to make an attempt to shower. This may or may not go over so well. But seeing as I have to go out in public today it might be a good idea. I am going to put my bedroom back together. The pictures that go on my dresser and such are still in the family room. I am going to clean the floors of my house because, let's face it, they are gross. I am NOT going to sit in front of my computer all afternoon waiting for the magic email because the smart woman inside of me knows that Khab is 18 hours ahead of us and it is currently 3:26 am on Tuesday there. CS and I are going to the airport this evening to pick his parents up and then they want to go out to dinner. Then and only then I will come home and sit in front of the computer until the email shows up.

According to others "the call" is actually an email. Like the referral. Olga sends it as soon as she knows your date. Candy got hers at about 9:00 pm the day before her official pre-trial date and the same with a few other families. So sometime late this evening I will be really really freaking out. To give the grandparents credit they will get the call from us first. They are dying to know and really, they do deserve to be first. I promise I will post it as soon as I can. Wish us luck!
6 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Luck, luck, luck!!! I, too, am on pins and needles! I confess I have checked the blog no less than 3 times since 7:30! I will now force myself not to check until I put B to bed tonight! I SO hope to hear the phone ring sooner though!:)
Luv, Lee

Blogger kate said...
Hooray!! I anticipate more good news from you VERY soon!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
i've got chills for ya girlfriend. i've checked your blog twice already today. i'll start the compulsive checking tonight. (we're both PST so i'll be up late!)

Blogger Ann said...
pins and needles, pins and needles. Here's to hoping that you have the news you've been waiting forever for...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I am so glad to hear that your shipment delivered on time! I hope to hear your news of your email "call" soon!!

I sent you my quilt square today. Sorry so late!

Blogger The Belanich's said...
Ohh... I do so hope you get the "email" so very soon!!! You are going to be a fabulous Mother, and selfishly I can't wait to see your little Pickle!!!!

Counter
Established March 19, 2006