Image hosting by Photobucket
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Weekly Update
I hate to give a weekly update when there really isn't any news to give. You have heard all we know at this point. So I am going to put all of you on a DHL watch. We have the tracking number of the package carrying our fingerprints to Khabarovsk. They MUST reach Khab by the 31st for our Aug. 1 pre-trial. The package was sent Wednesday. Hopefully the judge will be really nice if for some reason the paperwork doesn't arrive on-time. Irina will be carrying faxed copies with her just in case.

So here you go: Visit DHL and enter tracking number 8356039871 As of 1:31 pm today the package is in LA.

In other news please go on over to Salsa in China and give Mary-Mia some love. They found out yesterday that they missed the cut-off for referrals by one day. One stinkin' day!! So one more month of waiting. But they are definitely NEXT! She has received such an out pouring of support, but I know how this process can play with your emotions. There are days when we just need a little extra love. She's been there for me so it is time to pay it forward.

I'm still working on Pickle's room. I solved the shelf issue (I made one.) I just have to paint it now. I also need to finish the border on his quilt. Yes, I made a new quilt. I found fabric that was just way too cute. Ok, Captain Smartypants found it, but I am sure he would not be pleased that he spends any amount of time in a fabric store. This is what he gets for playing golf today and leaving me to fend for myself at dinner time. Leftover pizza it is!
8 Comments:
Blogger The Belanich's said...
Hoping you have better luck with DHL.. as of 11:13 Pm our referral is still in CHINA. I am praying their site is not updated, but realistically thinking we won't know anything till MONDAY. ugh long weekend ahead of us!

have a wonderful night!~

Blogger Maggie said...
I tried tracking your package, but they must be too busy delivering it, because I couldn't load their web site. It'll make it!

Blogger kate said...
Fingers crossed that your parcel reaches Khabarovsk (thanks for reminding me) in time!

Incidentally, there is a series of children's historical fiction books by Gloria Whelan you might like to have. The first is called "Angel in the Square" and is named for the angel in Palace Square in St. P pictured on your blogtop. It's about the revolution. The next is called "The Impossible Journey" and takes place on a trip across Siberia. The third is "Burying the Sun" about the seige in St. P. The fourth is "The Turning" about a girl who wants to leave Leningrad. Each book follows a family--and occurs a generation later.

I think "The Impossible Journey" would be especially meaningful to your family once Pickle is home!

Blogger Yeah So said...
Some people watch sonogram monitors, we watch DHL tracking sites. *sigh* I hope the damn thing gets there soon!!

Oh and I have some quilt squares coming to you very soon...just have to get my butt to the post office.

Blogger Elle said...
Kate,
Thanks for letting me know where that statue is. I got the photo from istockphoto.com. I did a search for Miracles and that is one that came up. I didn't know where the photo was taken or that it was even in Russia. I just thought it was beautiful. Sadly it is not one of my photos. I wish it was.

Thanks for the recommendations on the books. I'll have to check those out.

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
How exciting that it is on its way...and I think I checked the FedEx tracking info every 30 minutes when I was waiting for our docs to get to Kaliningrad before trip 1. They made it there one day before we did...on trip 2, I hand-carried them.

I will diligently check to see if your package has arrived...send positive energy to the DHL delivery plane :)

Blogger M3 said...
Crossing my fingers on your package...

And thanks for the love. It helps so much! Can you just imagine when we're all done with this process and life is once more back (mostly) in our control? It's hard to even imagine such wonderfulness. :-)

Blogger kate said...
Doesn't that count as a miracle in itself--that your pictured statue came from Russia without you even knowing it? There's an old legend that says that as long as the angel stands, the city will be safe. I'm surprised it made it through Soviet times...

Counter
Established March 19, 2006