Image hosting by Photobucket
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
guess what?
noooo, not chicken butt. Although that is my typical answer to that question.

We finally got our stinkin' paperwork filed to the court. You would think I would be up and out of my chair doing the happy dance. Oddly enough not even a tear was shed. The catch is that the medical form we need signed is still not signed. However, I don't care. Our paperwork is in the building!


I also wanted to make a clarification on the Simple Wishes Quilts. ANYONE can send a square. You don't have to be done with your process. If you want to participate I encourage it. This little bloggy group got started with 2 women who are still waiting! I'm a PAP (pre-adoptive parent) and
I am adding a square.

And Suzanne, I am going to agree that you and fabric should not co-mingle. If you are like Suzanne and fabric/iron/scissors deficient we still want you to participate. If you fall into this category just email me your sayings and I will create your squares for you. This is only for those of you who prove true lack of skill in this area. Right now those would include Suzanne and our own Captain Smartypants.
16 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congrats on getting your paperwork filed to court...one step closer!

Blogger Suzanne said...
Horray for filing!

So I blogrolled and posted about Simple Wishes. I'll help by enticing others to participate.

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
I actually yelled WOO HOO out loud when I read your post...then I realized that it was nap time and thought, OH CRAP!! But, not a sounds was heard!! Elle & D...congrats on the paperwork being filed. I know what a huge relief that is!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congratulations on your happy news! Another step up the longest ladder ever created.

The paperwork is in the building!!!!

Blogger Deb said...
I nearly jumped out of my chair at work when I saw your news. Yippee!!!! Congratz!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
WOOOHOOO!!!!! (What I'm really thinking is, it's about friggen' time! :) ) So happy and relieved for you!
Love ya! L,W, and B

Blogger Jenny said...
Alright, good news!!!! GOOD NEWS!!! We both need more and more and more. And the not a tear shed, that is kinda how I am now. I get a little excited but kinda blaize. Like, ok whatever, NEXT!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yeah! That's great news. And with so few agencies actually accredited right now, a court date just CAN'T be far off.

As for being scissor challenged, I thought I could leave a little extra on the squares - they might not be EXACTLY 6 inch squares, but I'll try to err on the big side and center the writing so you can work your quilter magic. (Are you still going to have time for this?)

Blogger Elle said...
of course. I'll make time.

Blogger Rhyne & Jake said...
Yippee!! One more hurdle out of the way!! Soon, very soon, you'll hear those magic words!!!

Blogger Chelsea said...
Yahoo! So happy for you guys!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
great news, another hurdle down. margarita #1 is in your honor tomorrow night (rhonda has #2). and only two because i'm committed to mommyweight but you guys and this news is worth it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yay! that is good news!!

They must be expecting the form to be signed soon if they went ahead and filed, no?


You can count me in as the sewing deficient crowd... I have sewed a button once or twice.... I winged it. That's about all the sewing experience I have... I will try to think of something hehe :)

Blogger Rhonda said...
AWESOME news! Congratulations. I'll do some more happy dancing for you guys too.

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...
oh my gosh I didn't know anyone else had that "chicken butt" response pop into their head everytime someone says "guess what"?! hooray, I'm not alone in the universe. ;-)
And big HOORAY for getting your papers filed! Wonderful news!

Blogger Ann said...
The paperwork is in the building. Congrats on that, shed a tear, it's okay!! :0)

Counter
Established March 19, 2006