Image hosting by Photobucket
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Pickle Stuff
The carpet guys finished in about an hour and 45 minutes yesterday and the kitties and I had to walk all over it. I took some before and during photos, but I want to get Pickle's room all finished before I take the final after photos. So in lieu of carpet pics you get Pickle stuff instead. I know this is what you want anyway.
My girlfriend H threw a baby shower for me on July 2nd. This is our haul from that.







CS's grandma sent a check for her shower gift and we used the remainder of the Toys R Us gift card to fill in a few holes.







This was a shower gift from CS's parents. How cute. I am told it is for Pickle and not me, but I love it. Complete with skates, a "helmet", stick and puck.






Then of course Pickle's Auntie G is now dubbed the greatest Auntie evah! Sorry Auntie Lee and Auntie Little. Auntie G bought him his very first hockey jersey. It is a 2T so it will be a little while before he can wear it, but man isn't it cute?






A great surprise came last night in the form of an email from the agency. I told Olga I get scared everytime I get an email from her. This time it was a pleasant surprise. Updated measurements!!! Pickle hasn't grown much in the past 3 months, but that is not shocking. He has only gained 1 pound and grown 1 1/2". Still a little guy, but at least the 12 mo. clothes we have for him will still fit. Now we know we don't have to pack 2 separate wardrobes for him. My plan is to get his room done by the end of the week so I will try to post some photos of those when I have them.
13 Comments:
Blogger kate said...
Wow! It's looks like Pickle's got quite a stash. Can't wait to see the new room...
It sounds like he's just the right size to fit in your arms.

Blogger Deb said...
Everything looks so great. So glad you got a report on how he is doing.

Blogger Yeah So said...
Can you believe he's actually going to be USING all that stuff so soon?? Very exciting! That hockey jersey is just too cute!

Blogger bethee said...
YAYAYAY!

1. New carpet can't be beat.
2. I'm so excited for you.
3. SOON!!!!!!

:)

Blogger Carrie said...
Looks like you have everything under control in the supplies department. Love the hockey bear!

Blogger Jenny said...
That is lots of great stuff!

Can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
This is so exciting!! Of course, you have my e-mail with all the other comments, so I'll just drop a small nugget of wisdom: bring at least one 18 month outfit. It surprises me that some of Quin's stuff is 2T, and we even have a 9month shirt that still fits (he's still extremely skinny - that 20th percentile weight thing), but he is mostly in 18 month stuff. When he was Pickle's size, he was in mostly 12m stuff, but some 18m stuff. And the size range for kids is as bad as adult clothes (size 12 in one brand is the same as a size 16 in another). I am so excited for you both!

I'm now going to be watching my e-mail (hint, hint) and the blog more carefully for your trial day! And I know that we'll be able to get the boys together next time I'm in town! We're looking at Thanksgiving again, but it will depend on how much our upcoming Chicago trip costs.

Oh, and please give CS a slap on his wrist for not being more diplomatic with your practice questions! Bad CS! No biscuit for you!

Blogger Maggie said...
Very cute. The hockey jersey is too cool. Pickle will love it when he's big enough.

Blogger 6blessings said...
Very cute stuff ! You sure got a lot! Pickle is set! I can't wait to hear a court date. I'm sure I'll hear you screaming all the way here in Oklahoma!! You need to!!

Blogger Rhonda said...
We're getting ready to recarpet too. I think we live the same lives, just in separate cities.

Blogger Ann said...
looks like you have tons of stuff. Little Pickle is going to be one lucky child.

Blogger Lauri said...
Nice amount of loot you got there

Looks good

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Woo hoo!! Isn't it so great to get those measurements?? Just makes your day to KNOW something about them!

Great pick on the fisher price booster, too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that thing! That's what I plan on using for the new babies too :) :)

Counter
Established March 19, 2006