Image hosting by Photobucket
Friday, August 18, 2006
10 days 5 hours and 2 minutes
As if I didn't have enough stress in my life I decided to rip off Mary-Mia's countdown and remind me how much time I don't have before getting on a plane and leaving my country, home and cats for 3 weeks. I am so not prepared to leave the country. One would think that with all this time we have been waiting and all those fabulous lists y'all have published I would be Betty-on-the-spot. I guess this is what I get for being married to world's biggest procrastinator for 10 years.

As I sat down at my computer this morning I though I would work on my e-book of my photographs for CS's boss. Some of my artwork is going in their office and he needs the book to make his choices. Is this really a smart use of my time? Uh no. But it would be fun. Now the smart lady would say let me get that to you in October so I can include my small collection of Moscow photos.

I did however restrain myself once the pile of stuff on my desk started collapsing on its own. Evidently it isn't a good idea to stack books, files and paperwork on a stack of CD cases. Gravity doesn't like that.

Good news is that I did get 3 things crossed off my list of stuff to do yesterday. We got our Visa photos taken, I bought the airline tickets (*gasp and die), and on Wednesday I copied all of our needed embassy paperwork. I nearly had a coronary yesterday from an email from Olga. She said we needed updated immigration paperwork, notarized and apostilled. I ran around the house yelling at Captain Smartypants saying BUT WE DID THAT!!! I tore through the paperwork and scanned our copy and sent to Olga and said SEE!!! Crisis averted. Whew!

We did take some time to celebrate our anniversary last night. We had a fancy dinner out (probably our last for a loooooong time) at the Melting Pot. A fondue joint for those of you in Podunk, USA. When CS made the reservation he told them it was our anniversary so there was a long stemmed rose in a vase on the table and he even bought me a little gift. Personally I thought 10 was baby so I didn't get him anything. He bought me this beautiful resin cross with Corinthians 13:4-8 on it. That was one of our wedding verses. It is to go on my wall of crosses. I collect them. I think we are almost up to a cross in every room of our house.

I will get around to writing a post about our last 10 years, but I think I will do that over at Life of Elle. I have some great photos that I might make a movie out of. But that of course requires time. Of which I only have 10 days 5 hours and 2 minutes of. Better get back to work.
15 Comments:
Blogger Deb said...
When you look at it that way it seems like you will be there next week. Wow you will be holding your son before the month is over. It's so exciting.
10yr anniversary = baby I love that
Glad you took time to celebrate.
You know you'll have endless hours on the plane to Russia. You should make your movie then. :-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Nonsense, you can get packed the night before. Just kidding of coures....I think its a requirement to fuss about it the entire time. Remind me, how old is Pickel now?
Serena

Blogger Elle said...
Serena - Pickle turns 22 months on Monday.

Debbie - I wish I could make my movie on the plane. We are taking CS's laptop and we can't load any of my software on it. I am going to have to live for 3 whole weeks without photoshop. I don't know if I can stand it!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'd love to catsit while you're gone if I could :(
Miss you all. Have a good trip, I'm so glad the whole thing finally has a good ending.

Blogger Maggie said...
You're down to 9 days, 22 hours, and 57 minutes now!

How cool is it that some of your art is going in CS's office? You're one talented chick.

Blogger M3 said...
Whoa, that is just not a lot of time left on the ole' countdown timer!!!!! I'd be freaking out. And eating. Freaking and eating - as fast as humanly possible. :-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I read your post and Mike is making me leave so I will leave a real comment later.

Blogger Chelsea said...
I keep coming back just to watch the counter Elle!

Blogger 6blessings said...
Not too long now!!! Congrats, again!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congrats on 10 years- our 10 year anniversary is in a few weeks. And double congrats on finally getting a court date & travel dates. I've been away and out of touch with blogs for a week, so this was a nice surprise to come home to. Hope the next 10 days go by quickly!

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
OH MY GOSH!!! AMAZING NEWS!! Oh Elle...I am so excited for you, D & Pickle!! I can't even explain the feelings you will have after court is over and when you can take him with you for the first time...so happy for you!!

Blogger Suz said...
I would say that this is the best, THE BEST anniversary present you could ever have wished for!

Happy 10!

Blogger Melissa said...
Happy anniversary. I have been to the Melting Pot. It was a neat concept. Take deep breaths and you will make it.

Blogger Laura said...
Congratulations on your court date and 10th Anniversary!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I am feeling your stress. Take lots of deep breaths. I am like you in that I leave things to the last minute because I just don't believe that adoption news will really happen. And then bam it does and your not ready. I am glad you got to go out for your anniversary!!

Counter
Established March 19, 2006