Image hosting by Photobucket
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Dastardly Elle
What?! You guys didn't like that? I can't see why you would expect anything different from me. Come on now.

Yes, we did receive our court date last night. I will come clean and say that we kinda knew about it on Tuesday, but it wasn't a 100% thing. Kathou called Tuesday morning to say they got word about their court date and Olga had instructed her to call me. Olga had also given her the travel dates and instructions to phone the travel agent to get things started. Kudos to Kathou for taking care of the flight arrangements! Thanks Sweetie! All I had to do was call Albina and give her my credit card number.

Tomorrow we head up to Seattle to drop off our Visa applications (all signed) and our passports. I had originally planned on doing it today, but I really don't want to drive to Seattle on my own. Yeah, I'm a chicken.

We are leaving on Monday the 28th and coming home Wednesday September 20th. The 10 day is never waived in Khabarovsk. We get a whirlwind tour of Moscow and then head home. Our flights are very similar to Suzanne's in that we will fly all the way around the world. I am going to lose an entire day of my life. I will never get that day back unless we fly the other way around the world. I could just see it now. 20 years in the future we go to Thailand or something. Hey honey, remember that day we lost going to pick up the boy? Oh look, we just got it back. Man I missed that day.

Ok, can you tell I have totally lost it? I tell you I am going insane. I think I have a stress induced tumor. I have a monster headache. I have a million things to do, but can't seem to get any of them done. Ack!

I've tried eating, but every time I do I start to get jittery again and then feel nauseous. It is pleasant. Time to stop procrastinating and start working.

BTW, today happens to be our 10 year wedding anniversary. I was going to write some long eloquent post about CS, but I think I might try it a little later. I don't have the brain capacity to even brush my hair at this point. I think I showered this morning. How do I smell?

-------------------------------------
I totally forgot to give you the answers to the B test.

Squirrels evidently live in a hole. Despite my best efforts she insists that they do not live in trees

Trees obviously live outside. I tried to guess outside in the sand, but I got a funny look for that one.

And candles live on a birthday cake.

How did you score?
18 Comments:
Blogger 6blessings said...
Happy Anniversary!! You guys can really celebrate royally. It will be your last anniversary without having to hire a babysitter. :-) Have a blast and celbrate big! You deserve it!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
What a wonderful anniversary present! So glad to read that you FINALLY have your court date. How exciting! We are so happy for you all. Uncle Tom and I are doing a Kansas happy dance for you. Just think we will get to meet Pickle when we come out for Christmas. Oh boy! Take care. Love & hugs from Aunt Jan & Uncle Tom

Blogger Carrie said...
Oh, Happy anniversary! What a great gift. This year we celebrated our 10th also. It's funny to be young and married longer than almost everyone you know.

You get to have your boy for all the fun holidays this year. Pickle costume for Halloween, something to really be thankful for on Turkey day, and a lovely Christmas gift. I can't wait to see that sweet face we've all been waiting for!

Blogger Deb said...
Happy Anniversary. What a great way to celebrate... packing and preparing for your son to come home.

Blogger bethee said...
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Doin' the happy dance in Boston for ya! :)

Blogger Lauren & Cupcake said...
Happy Anniversary....FINALLY!!!

Blogger Melissa said...
Wow, you will be there for almost a month. Very exciting though. I think this is the best anniversary present you could have asked for. I am happy for you both.
Melissa

Blogger Suzanne said...
Hey! Are we on the same flights from Khab ot Moscow and home? Super cool that you get to travel with K&E. There'll be six families overlapping at the Markuel.

Blogger Lauri said...
OMG OMG finally..... so friggin excited to see this post. Im so happy for you both....

hugs

Anonymous Anonymous said...
WHAAAAT? You knew about this Tuesday?? O.K. I better go back and read the rest of your post now. How did I not see your last post? I swear I read your blog yesterday, but that post wasn't there. Am I losing my mind??? And you didn't even devote an entire post to that one court date sentence? Is this the same person who has been waiting 19 months for this court date?? O.K. you are not well. So, it is understandable. Your whole life is about to change- turned upside down. You are 30. It is your 10 year anniversary (Congratulations BTW!!!!) and you are bringing home your first child next month. HELLO!! No wonder you are feeling crazy. On top of the fact that I know preparing for the second trip is so overwhelming. And thinking about court itself is so stressful. But it is all so exciting too. I hope he is everything you hoped for. I look forward to getting to know Pickle through your blog! Think I have a long enough comment here?? CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Blogger Mary said...
Nice anniversary present! Early (Tuesday) apparently...

Blogger Jenny said...
Happy Anniversary!!!!

I think that it is a wonderful present and Staying that long...urgh...and the loosing a day...urgh..BUT honestly, I can't believe it is finally here. It is weird that whole time thing. It couldn't come fast enough and now it seems like it has always been.

I just can't wait and can't wait and can't wait.

Now you need to eat something cause well, you need to be strong and healthy!

take care - Jenny

Blogger Rhyne & Jake said...
Happy Anniversary! I think it is so funny how so many court dates are scheduled around or on a special date on the calendar - anniversary, birthday, etc.!

A whole month in Russia? Better pack lots of crackers!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Blogger Rhonda said...
Yes, that was VERY sneaky. And how cool that its on your anniversary. Yay!

Blogger fuzzandfuzzlet said...
Umm well squirrels do dig nasty holes in your lawn, maybe that is why she is confused.

Congrats again


Lori

Blogger Suz said...
Elle, I am so excited for you! Wow, when it happened, it happened. You are too sneaky though for doing that to us!! Try to breathe and enjoy this mahvelous time!!!!!

Blogger sandy said...
2 out of 3 ain't bad!

Blogger Sig said...
THUD! Yes, that's me fainting. You are way too sneaky for me.
OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!! Now I am freaking out! I am so excited!! Holy cow, you're going ot get your son!! Geexz Louis, I am so excited, gotta go tell DH!!!
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Jenn, I saw this post today and thought the same thing, where was this other post yesterday?? We are both losing our minds)

Counter
Established March 19, 2006