Image hosting by Photobucket
Thursday, August 03, 2006
half assed update
I have nothing. This really is one half assed update. So since I have nothing and I need a laugh, and who better to make me laugh than my own adventures, I will tell you my most embarassing moment.

I used to work for a major greeting card company when Captain Smartypants and I were first married. My job was to travel around the country installing and revising greeting card departments. During my training I worked with other installers in my state. One of the first jobs I went on was with a guy from Seattle. The job was in Eastern Washington (over the mountains.) It was December. I met this guy at his house and then we proceeded to drive over the mountains. Near the summit of Snoqualmie Pass the traffic stopped. You see... there is a "shed" that covers one side of the freeway on the East slope of the pass. The shed makes a nice ramp for snow to slide off of onto the Eastbound lanes (our lanes.) Ergo traffic jam.

So we sit in this traffic jam for a good 2 hours. We are not near anything. I mean nothing. No rangers station, no gas station, nada! It is also a well known fact that I have a bladder the size of a pea. I go quite often. 2 hours is about my limit. Oh would you look at that! We'd been sitting there just about that amount of time. I tell the guy I really have to go. He said, "well you could go on the side of the road." I'm not shy. Ok. We're on an overpass. I'll just go underneath and go.

Not a car to be found. I climb up under the overpass where the road meets the slope and proceed to check for cars. All clear. I squat to do my business and around the corner comes a car. Great. I'm thinking, I'm wearing a dark coat and I am all hunkered down, maybe they don't see me. Car goes by and stops at the stop sign. Whew! To my dismay I see the reverse lights kick on. Well crap. The car backs up and the passengers watch me pee. The good thing is I had on a really long coat so I don't think they saw much. But I have to say that having strangers watch you pee under an overpass in the snow is not the picture you want people to have of you. Now I at least try to find a bush.
8 Comments:
Blogger Jenni said...
Ha! That reminds me of a good friend of mine who was also stuck in traffic for a couple of hours. Unfortunately, being in the Bay Area of California, there were not any bushes or trees around the freeway where she finally pulled over to do her business, just a big sound wall. She put some newspapers on the floor of the car, and wound up bunching them together as a makeshift toilet. Immediately after doing the deed, she called me, completely mortified because it was her daughter's car she was driving! To this day, her daughter does not know....

Blogger fuzzandfuzzlet said...
Ummm was that before our after they caught the Green River Killer????

Spooky,but WHO would wanna watch somene pee?

L

Blogger Yeah So said...
Yikes! Weird that they just backed up to watch you pee...perhaps they just had to make sure that's what they thought you were doing.

Blogger Wendy said...
Another one of those moments: My back has been hurting and my hubby convinced me to go to a chiropractor. Never having been before, I was a bit nervous. Turns out he is quite the cutie and hunky, too. First visit was great! On the second visit he adjusted my back and then told me to stay lying down. He said, "I am going to show you something that will help with the pain in your back", as he began to take off his belt. The look on my face must have been priceless and I didn't know whether to bolt or what. He proceeded to make a loop out of his belt and use it to teach me an exercise. I left feeling like some sort of pervert and wondering if I could ever look him in the face again....

Blogger Chelsea said...
One of those moments! That is great.

Blogger Elle said...
maybe they thought I was some kind of troll under the bridge. It was kinda dark. Well, as dark as it gets with 3 feet of snow around. Who knows. Lori, I can't remember if it was before or after the Green River Killer got caught. 10 years ago. dunno.

The rest of the story goes: when you are under a bridge with someone watching you pee and you finish your business what do you do? I stood up, pulled up my pants and walked back up to the car. I don't think I told the guy I was riding with what happened.

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Hmmm, I've thought about this for our future travels to Russia... I've heard about the endless traffic in Moscow, the 2-3 hour drives to the orphanages, ... and then once you find a toilet it may be super disgusting. I may need to practice bladder control before the trip!

Anonymous Giles B said...
Grateful for sharing thiss

Counter
Established March 19, 2006