Image hosting by Photobucket
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
That's more like it
I finally wised up and crawled in bed with the computer. I really should have done this earlier. Kitty is cuddling nicely with me and I am doing my part at yelling at the television and laughing at how truly short Regis Philbin is. Great... now you know that I actually watch America's Got Talent. Hey, we all need some kind of useless fluff on occasion. And please tell me where is the talent in stripping. And to defile the Kit car!!! That is just sacreligious. There are children in the audience for crissake.

Thanks to all of you for your kind support. I have come back to check for comments repeatedly and it lifted my spirits. I tried to be a productive member of society today, but the furthest I got was to make my bed. That was just dumb.

I did finally eat today. Apparently Goldfish crackers (and later ice cream) didn't count as a meal. I beg to differ. CS's parents came and took us out to dinner. Good thing too since if they didn't CS would be having a Rhonda special of cheese sticks. I don't think we have cheese sticks. Ummm, left over and expired cookie dough. How bout that?
12 Comments:
Blogger kate said...
Oh, L--hang in there! (And i think a day in bed is perfectly warranted.)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I think the secret to "willing the adoption forward" is to make some crucial, life-changing plans. Take up a new career, decide to re-landscape the lawn with fountains and koi fish ponds, become immersed in a new course of study....As soon as the non-refundable deposit is paid or the lawn is torn up you will get the call. Isn't there a Murphy's Law that the bigger the new commitment the hastier the news?
If you just can't bring yourself to sink the funds into a fruitless endeavour, at least splurge on a silly indulgence to distract yourself. Yes, you have the funds. Think of all the grocery money you've saved this week while you have been on a fish cracker and icecream only diet!

Blogger kate said...
And, ummm...didn't think cookie dough expired. (How can you keep cookie dough around long enough to let it expire?) I say, CS can eat cookie dough and be grateful! ;>

Blogger 6blessings said...
Goldfish and ice cream... sounds like a meal to me. I've been having some health issues since we returned from Russia and my poor family has been getting a menagerie of leftovers. Guess what, I made my bed yesterday too! Did it make you feel better? Nope, it didn't help me either.

Hang in there. We're all pulling for you. You're going to be the greatest mom after all you've been through! I can't wait to see pics of Pickle! We all think you're awesome!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
You are SO close. You have never been this close. Try to see the light at the end of the tunnel. You will make it and the long wait will make it all the more sweet.

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...
Ok, how sad is it that I think your day in bed with the computer and watching mindless TV sounds really good?! I'm sorry about the loss of your great-grandfather, and for the news of your delay. Waiting stinks.

Blogger bethee said...
Sending hugs and thoughts your way. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I hope the combo of cat and bed theraphy is working....I am thinking of you and wishing I could do something or say something to bring you cheer or comfort but unfortunately it seems only the Russians can do that for you now....Try to keep your focus on the goal -- Pickle really is getting closer to you everyday -- in the meantime I think your strategy is brillant: cats, bed, ice cream and goldfish (and of course the blog). You are in my thoughts...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Making the bed and eating balanced meals are totally overrated. You take care of yourself; CS is a big boy and can drive thru some food type restaurant if cookie dough is not his fav (tho you might have him swing by the ice cream store for replenishments!). We are thinking of you both!!!

Blogger Rhonda said...
Yeah, I saw what happened with Kit. That was WRONG. I was glad that Brandy told her the truth.

I personally see nothing wrong with goldfish crackers and cookie dough. Sounds like a good meal to me!

Blogger Maggie said...
Hey, whatever works. You have the right to feel a little down. But if I know you (and I think I do) you'll be fully back soon and fighting.

Blogger Deb said...
Just checking in to make sure you're gonna eat dinner even if it is just cheese. Both Dave and I are praying for that signature. We are really looking forward to finally seeing his picture.
Think Happy Thoughts!

Counter
Established March 19, 2006