Image hosting by Photobucket
Saturday, August 26, 2006
Dear Dr. Ambien
My name is Elle and I am an insomniac. I have gotten to the point where I can no longer stand laying awake at night and staring at the ceiling. I gave your product a try. I will have to say that your marketing ploy of falling asleep fast was in fact true. Also, your product's ability to keep ones such as myself asleep was also remarkable. There is only one flaw to your magical medicine. You did not take into account those of us with weak bladders. Part of my insomnia stems from the fact that I get up multiple times in the night to go to the bathroom. On a normal night I can do this with my eyes shut. Unfortunately your product has some added ingredient that made me stagger to the toilet like one who has recently partied like a rockstar on a Tuesday night. For the record I made it safely to the toilet however; on the way back I may or may not have run into a wall, and it is a distinct possibility I stepped in cat vomit.

So thank you Dr. Ambien for giving me my much needed rest even if it was filled with strange dreams about turkey sandwiches and glaring looks from Babushkas. Although I would suggest the removal of the ingredient that makes you feel like a barfly on payday.

Sincerely, One messed up woman

------------------------------------

After the ambien episode I woke up to feel like I'm just not all there. This could be from the fact that we only have 2 days and 1 hour. (I think I'll crap when I see that 1 day come up in about an hour)

I would also like to apologize for any strange comments you may have gotten from me on any of your posts. I started in on reading pre-coffee this morning.
18 Comments:
Blogger Chelsea said...
Elle, you are not the only one who suffers from strange dreams on Ambien. My step son's aunt was taking it over the past while, she in fact slept walk and her husband found her eating and entire evenings worth of chinese food in the middle of night. The last time she took it she fell out of bed and wound up with a black eye and found herself making a new bed in the closet!

Blogger Melissa said...
You get up a million times a night too? I must have a bladder the size of a pea. My dh on the other hand can drink 12 times the amount as me and go all day without peeing. Is that fair at all? I ask you.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Note to Elle: Do NOT take Ambien the night before court. BAD IDEA.

My mom takes Ambien also and she feels zoned out the next morning also. Must be a side effect.

Blogger Dawn said...
Hey Elle! oK - your countdown ticker even makes ME nervous and I am not tthe one traveling :-) Hmmm...that Ambien may come in handy on our antipated plane ride! Be well! You are on your way to a whole new life :-)

Blogger Debi said...
OH Elle....I miss you at the SoA....hope all is going well...write more when you can...you have such a funstyle I am always entertained...note to self NEVER take Ambien

Blogger Maggie said...
I'm an insomniac, too. Can't do the Ambien... it's bad stuff. Glad it got you some shut eye, though.

p.s. 1 day, 14 hours, 32 minutes, and 17 seconds. Wow!

Blogger M3 said...
Ha!!!!! I nearly peed my pants laughing at this. I've got my Ambien all ready for the plane ride to China - hoping like mad it knocks my butt out cold. :-)

Blogger kate said...
Wishing you well as you head on over. The weather's been lovely here in St. P...hope it's true for you, as well.

Can't wait to hear good news about your trip!
Kate

Blogger Suz said...
Can you cut those Ambiens in half?

Have you posted an itinerary anywhere? You know us nosy neighbors want to know your every step along the Pickle path!

Blogger 6blessings said...
Glad you got some sleep. Your countdown is at 1 day 6 hours. Yea! I'm so excited to see you finally going. Don't stress out. Sit back and enjoy! Soon Pickle will be in your arms forever.

Blogger SoFlaMom said...
Elle & CS,

Wishing you a restful trip! {{{{Have a safe travel journey}}}}
We are looking forward to reading your about your journey! Give KE a hug from us!

SoFlaMom

Blogger Carolina Mama said...
Elle :) I know nothing about ambien but loved being introduced to it through your eyes! Hilarious as always. I wanted to stop by and say a huge Hi and Have fun and thinking of you and prayers for safe travel to Pickle! God Bless, MaliMai :)

Blogger Tiff said...
wow...not sure if I want to look into Ambien now or not.
T - 1 day.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Bon voyage. I am getting all weepy thinking of your final packing and arranging. Now the next stage of the journey begins.
Sreena

Blogger Suz said...
Acck! I just looked at your countdown clock and in two hours you're going to be just down to hours with NO DAYS! I'm nervous for you - excited, thrilled nervous that is!!

Post an itinerary if you have time!!

Blogger Chris Sapp said...
I'm starting to notice atrend here among us....insomniacs. Maybe it is beacuse we sit up at night thinking about all the injustice in the world. I don't know, but I do find it interesting. I have an Ambien story...took place while we were in Kazakhstan. I, too, stumbled to the bathroom half sleeping. As I sat on the toilet, I caled for my husbnad. "Look!" I was pointing to the floor - it was the type of tile that is a swirl of different colors - "It's Mr. T." My husband was like - what?! Even after I woke up the next day, I still could make out the image of Mr. T in that swirled floor. So...maybe it's just my crazy mind and not the Ambien...but I still think I would have never noticed the image if I hadn't been taking it. :-)

Blogger Lauren & Cupcake said...
TO see "hooray the countdown is DONE!" Was so exciting! Cheers to the both of you!

Blogger Rhyne & Jake said...
Look kids, St. Basil's, Gum! I love Nat'l Lampoon moments!

I told Rhyne and Jake about how my friend was going to Russia today to bring home their baby boy, and they just smiled and giggled. We are all so thrilled and happy for you guys.

We are praying for a smooth flight, smooth court hearing, and for you paths to be cleared along your way. God Bless!!!

PS - Thank you for the itinerary. I'll be following along.

Counter
Established March 19, 2006