Image hosting by Photobucket
Monday, August 21, 2006
Good lord only 7 days left!
Bet you thought you would get photos of our fancy new car today didn't you? Don't worry. You will get them tomorrow. We had to mill over which car we wanted. We drove 3 cars yesterday. A brand new Hyundai Elantra, a used Hyundai Tucson and a used Scion xB. I was totally sold on the xB. LOVE IT!!!!!! Unfortunately it ended up being out of our price range. It was a sad little good-bye between me an the funky beer fridge. So that whittled it down to the Tucson and the Elantra. Both very nice cars. The Elantra was an automatic and the Tucson was a stick. I currently drive a stick (so does CS) so that wasn't a big deal. The Tucson is this rocking blue color and the Elantra was more of a royal blue. More airbags, traction control and 4 wheel disk brakes in the Tucson. Elantra a little better on gas mileage. It really was a tough decision. We finally decided on the Tucson because of the added interior space, it would be easier to get little boy in and out of a higher up car, added safety features and not as important on the picking scale, but that color is just to die for! So we are making yet another trip to Olympia tonight to pick it up. The only downfall about it is there is not tape deck or mp3 jack. So no iPod in the car. But it does have a six disk changer so that helps.

Enough about the car. Back to that list and your questions.

Michelle, Pickle turns 22 months today.

I did get a hair appointment for Friday at 1. Thank God!!! I could see the judge turn me down. Um, I'm sorry, you have the worst hair evah. We can't possibly give you a child. I know I wouldn't get turned down due to my hair, but hey, I need to look good just for my own sanity.

On another front. I am still trying to get that pediatrician lined up. I called the clinic this morning and went through all of the options on their dumb voicemail. Finally pressed the magic "0" and got kicked back to the main greeting. Ugh! Finally got a receptionist who was clueless and transferred me to the nurses. Got the nurse's voicemail. Please leave a message. "Hi, this is Elle....." I'm sorry your message is too short. good bye. Damn it!!! Now I have to try back later. I really want to use this clinic but I am trying to figure out how much experience any of the docs have with Post Institutionalized children. It is not an easy thing.

The cleaning fairies are coming today. Yeah! I might have to buy them a coffee or something. That is on the main agenda for today. We'll see how it goes.
18 Comments:
Blogger Yeah So said...
Congrats on the car. Very exciting to have a brand spanking new ride to cart around your brand spanking new kid! Too bad the Scion was out - you'd be the funkiest mom on the block.

Regarding the ipod, they do have a wireless thingie you can buy for about $40. Works pretty good in our area..gets static-ey in some parts but better than nothing.

Blogger Melissa said...
It is weird how we all complain and whine while we are waiting for that darn referral or court date, but once it is here, it seems to make more things to complain about. LOL. Have a safe flight and I hope things go smoothly. Everything will fall into place once you are able to exhale and relax on that long plane ride.

Blogger Chelsea said...
Congrats on the Tuscon, we are seriously contemplating trading in our Mazda 3 for a bigger mommy mobile and to downsize on our car payment too...I might have to look into the Tuscon now...I'll be your little copy cat.

Blogger 6blessings said...
Congratulations on the new "machina" as my boys would say. I'm sure it is Pickle Perfect. The countdown sure is on. Good luck with the pediatrician.

Blogger Dawn said...
I have a Tuscon and I LOVE it! I am sure you will too! Also, I am so excited for you to go and get your little Pickle! Yahoo :-) We will be praying for you and waiting for those first pics!

Blogger Maggie said...
Congrats on the car!

When I was looking for a Ped for Peanut I found a doctor in a neighboring town who was from Russia. She wasn't necessarily familiar with PI kids, but she was knowledgeable about some of the issues so I felt comfortable. Plus I loved that she could speak to him in Russian -- being 8 (now 9) I thought that was important.

Blogger Jenny said...
AHHHHH Crazy 7 days!!!!!

Congrats on the family car!

And you can buy the wireless thing for the ipod, it works really well and isn't expensive.

AHHHH 7 days!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Wow! Seven days seems SO much closer than 10...but then you probably already knew that. Suddenly, time is flying!

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...
Man, I go away for a few days and I miss THIS?! HOLY COW!! Congrats - a million times, congrats! I am so very happy to hear your wait is almost over!!! :-)

and good job making a dent in the list!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Are you going to Dr. Bledsoe or Davies when you get home? I know its a ways for you (as it was for me). I went there for the first few months, then chose a pediatrician in the neighborhood later. Serena

Blogger Rhonda said...
Congratulations on the new car, and the clean house! Nothing feels better then when someone else cleans for you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I know its a far drive but we love our pediatrician! Call Olympia Pediatrics! Good Docs, make mom and dad feel like super parents and their waiting room rocks! Laura never wants to leave even after a good round of shots! The car sounds great! Welcome to SUV-dome! luv, m, h, l, e

Blogger fuzzandfuzzlet said...
Good luck on the DR search. Our first pedi was great. It is so important.


I enjoy watching your ticker count DOWN DOWN DOWN.

Lori

Blogger Amy C said...
I actually traded my SUV (Suzuki Grand Vitara) in for a Dodge Stratus. I really hated hated hated the thought of going back to a car. Yes it's nice as far as getting your pumpkin in and out of it. But traveling forget it It's impossible to pack suitcases and stollers etc etc etc... I couldn't even go shopping and have the stroller in the car. If I were to get another SUV if would have to be a bigger one or wait till after the stroller days. I miss my Black Betty but do like my new Jada.

Best wishes for a safe trip!!!

Amy

Blogger Lauri said...
I love, love love the Tuscan(sp?).... but we had to go with the Elantra.... as a hyundai owner for the past 5 years... Im very pleased. I cant believe you leave in just a few short days..your pickle is the same age as my Cookie.


have a safe trip

Lauri

Blogger Ani said...
So excited for you guys! Hope time flies these next weeks!!! By the way, I'm finally on blogger - so cool!

Blogger Carolina Mama said...
Elle, ok, am I not only the newest kid on the bloggy block, I'am a little slow. I keep reading Life of Elle and just today got back over to Unexpected Miracles! :) As telepathy has it we were both in the car worlds at the same time! So now I am not only the newest blogger the most boring - writing about my car right after you. Got my nerve up - to write about it. We got it last week. Oh well, suppose we all do have those similarities!

Congratulations! I am going to google over and see a Tuscon until you post yours. It's fun! I needed it to cart the Twins to school.... and made sure it could hold our future daughters too! Ok have a good one.

Blogger Carolina Mama said...
P.S. My vote is the Kangaroo suit to show off cutie-pies face! After that I agree with Kim's brilliant idea - a Pickle suit. Larry boy!

Counter
Established March 19, 2006