Image hosting by Photobucket
Sunday, August 20, 2006
How's that list workin' out for you?
Let's have a To Do List review. First I have to give you the original list.

  1. Find pediatrician (no comments on me not doing this in the months prior)
  2. Visa applications
  3. airline tickets
  4. gifts for people in Russia
  5. Photobook to show judge
  6. find house sitter
  7. Pack
  8. embassy paperwork
  9. pick up money at the bank
  10. unpack car seat
  11. unpack table booster seat
  12. arrange drop off and pick up at the airport
  13. prescriptions
  14. buy remaining stuff for trip
  15. take care of the bills while we are gone
  16. cat food/ litter
  17. clean house
  18. notes for house sitter
  19. finish babyproof
  20. set up sprinklers
  21. attempt to stay as calm as possible with only 8 days to do all of this.
I am keenly aware of the fact that there are quite a few items I could have done prior to knowing our court date, but I was so oblivious to the fact that we would actually get a court date I said screw it. So now I have 8 days 6 hours and some odd minutes to complete all of this stuff. Lucky for me I got to work.

Visas and airline tickets are taken care of. Visas should be arriving Thursday or Friday. Cutting it close, but I trust the travel agent. I found a house sitter!!! Yeah! I can't tell you what a load off my mind that is. Thanks Shey! Embassy paperwork was done last Wednesday. Easy. The car seat got unpacked on that last Manic Monday. The rest.... well that is still to do.

This afternoon we are saying good-bye to our Jetta and trading it for a more affordable car. Now the smart people would trade the Bug (aka. the Mommy car) but we like to be difficult. The Jetta is too expensive with the high car payment and the need for premium gas. So it is outta here! CS's mom and sisters are coming tomorrow to help me pack, babyproof and clean. Tuesday I have to work in the afternoon, so that leaves the morning to finish up some orphanage worker gifts. Wednesday I have to run my newsletter that I have been cramming in there too. Wednesday night is a Mariner's game with the fam. Thursday work all day. My last day actually at the church. I go to working from home once we get back. Friday I am getting my hair done if it is the last thing I do. Saturday is a house warming party for some friends. Sunday, last minute packing and watching Elle run around like a crazy woman because she isn't able to handle the fact that she is a) leaving the country for 3 weeks and b) is going to be a mom. Think CS should take a video of this?

Alright... gotta go install more baby latches.
12 Comments:
Blogger Maggie said...
Most of the time when people post lists there are some items that actually don't have to get done. Other that clean house (which I wouldn't be able to leave without doing, either) yours is pretty much down to the nitty-gritty. You can do it though!

Blogger Jenny said...
Good luck with all those things. You will get it done. You always do!!!

And sorry about the jetta. that is a bummer but affordable is good.

later-J

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
I'm confident that you'll get everything done. And you'll be a great mom! Just remember to delegate where you can! Sounds like you've got a great support system up there to help you out.

I didn't know that Jetta's need premium... I bought a Passat a couple of years ago and use regular gas. The dealer said I could use it, and the only effect will be slightly reduced gas mileage.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Wow, its SO close now. I can only imagine that it might feel overwhelming. We're cheering you on!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Get as much of the cleaning and "me" things done now - once baby's home its a whole other ball game.
Enjoy every minute of the anticipation!!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Your get ready list looks shorter than mine. Maybe I am doing more things than I need to. I will have to make a comparison. Or maybe I put too much obvious stuff on my list like take 25 steps to get a knife, then 30 steps towards the car seat box. Open the bottom side first and stupid stuff like that.

Sorry about the Jetta thing. I love almost all VW cars.

I am really nervous for you for some reason. I don't know why. I am sure you can handle everything, but it is just so big- everything that is coming. You have waited so long for this and here it is. If you don't hear as much from me this week its cuz I am leaving on vacation, but I will be back the day you leave and will be reading all about your adventure!!

Blogger 6blessings said...
Sounds like you've got it all together. Soon everything will fade into the background when you finally board that plane on your way to get Pickle. I'm so excited for you.

Blogger Suz said...
It sounds like you're doing pretty well. I would love to see a movie, though of you doing all this. I picture it being shown in fast-motion!

Blogger Deb said...
Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you. I'm sure you'll get it all done in time.

Blogger sandy said...
Speaking as the chronic last minute person that I am, I entreat you to not leave anything to do the morning right before you leave. I always keep that last minute list and it never gets completed, and I rarely get out of the house at the time I imagined. If you can get it all done the day before you leave (not the night before... they you won't sleep. But then you probably won't sleep anyway, but then at least it will only be nerves and not a freaked-out packing frenzy). I can't wait to watch all this! =))) Good luck!

Blogger Mary said...
Good list. I like that you're enlisting help on some of the items. That's my motto...delegate!

We lost our Jetta (The Red Jet) last year in a crash. It wasn't too serious, but it was older so they wrote it off...gave us a nice check which was our down payment on the Honda minivan...which I LOVE.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I know you both will get your to-do list completed! And don't panic too much, remember that Pickle will still love you even if there's cat hair on the sofa! I had forgotten you guys had a Jetta... we've (tentatively) looked into getting a diesel Jetta, but we haven't determined if it's larger (in the back seat) than our Impreza. Let me know what you guys thought of it, though! Good luck, best wishes, and happy flying!!!

Counter
Established March 19, 2006