Image hosting by Photobucket
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Just Darn Special
I get home from my day off (working) and there is a knock at the door. The mail man. The mail man only comes to the door if he is delivering something that won't fit in the box. This can only mean good things. He kindly hands me a box from Baby Style. Now I have been banned from looking at these kinds of sites because I already spend too much money on stuff for the boy at the stores around town. So this wasn't something I ordered. I open the box to find this beautifully gift boxed package inside. The tag says it is from my dear friend Jenny. I open the box to find the cutest little outfit. A pair of bright blue sweats and a crew t-shirt. I love it!!! It will go perfect with my boy's little Adidas tennis shoes. Thanks Chick!

So like everything else that comes from an online shopping source they send you advertisements for other things they happen to carry. This is a bad deal. Because it gets you to go to their website and check it out. Ok, bad for me anyway. Especially bad when the advertisement is Halloween Costumes. I love Halloween. I think it is one of my favorite holidays. I was more depressed last year on Halloween than Christmas. I wanted my little boy so I could dress him up cuter than all the other kids, take him to our church Halloween party, then maybe trick-or-treating at his grandparents. Alas, I sat at a table dressed as a barista bummed because the kids were just so darn cute and I was childless.

Not this year though!!! Halloween is going to be different in this house. So in the spirit of the season here is the page for Baby Style Halloween Costumes. Help me pick one out. I am leaning toward the Shark or the Turtle. Although they are all cute.


------------------------------------
*did you know spell checker tries to change Adidas to idiots. Too Funny!
20 Comments:
Blogger bethee said...
SHARK!!!

SO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anonymous Anonymous said...
We're beach people so I love both the shark and turtle - AND the octopus. But, if there can only be one, I vote for the shark.

Blogger Chelsea said...
I like the Kangaroo Elle, and the shark comes in a close 2nd for me!

Blogger 6blessings said...
I have to agree, the shark! The octopus is in second. You'll have the best Halloween ever this year.

You know... you ought to look for a Pickle suit. Maybe Larry Boy from Veggie Tales or something. That would be pretty appropriate.

Blogger M3 said...
OMG!!! Those are too funny. I love them all (well except the flower). How are you going to pick? Maybe get one of each! It's not excessive - we adoptive moms have had to go through A LOT. We deserve multiple Halloween costumes.

Blogger Carrie said...
Just a word of advice on the costumes... Lots of kids really hate having big bulbous costume hats on. The best way to go it to get something that would be cute even if you can't get them to wear the hat.

That said, from a practical stand point I wouldn't do the shark (although it's adorable!) because it looks way too cumbersome for a little tike. I tend toward jammy like costume that are very comfortable and also adorable. Something along these lines... http://tinyurl.com/dx92z

So of the two I would choose the turtle. Wow! I'm wordy tonight.

Blogger Deb said...
I like the Kangaroo & the Turtle. But I also like this turtle
http://disneyshopping.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merchant_Id=2&Section_Id=13813&Product_Id=185544
It's Squirt.

Blogger Lauren & Cupcake said...
I like th eshark but it doesn't look as comfortable as the TURTLE. My vote is the TURTLE

Blogger Carolina Mama said...
Elle, ok, am I not only the newest kid on the bloggy block, I'am a little slow. I keep reading Life of Elle and just today got back over to Unexpected Miracles! :) As telepathy has it we were both in the car worlds at the same time! So now I am not only the newest blogger the most boring - writing about my car right after you. Got my nerve up - to write about it. We got it last week. I needed it to cart the Twins to school.... and made sure it could hold six for our future daughters too! Oh well, suppose we all do have those similarities! Can't wait for ones like traveling to Russia! :)

Congratulations! That will be so cool! Ok have a good one.

Also, my vote is the Kangaroo for Pickle's cute face to show! And then like Kim's great idea a Larry Boy Pickle suit!

Blogger Jenny said...
I would say turtle or kangaroo. But the shark is pretty darn cute.

Blogger Sandra said...
The shark is soooo cute! But kinda cumbersome for a tyke new to the Halloween experience. So I vote the turtle, no wait the kangaroo, heck they are all cute! Have fun and enjoy this Halloween with your cute-puhtootie on your lap!

Congrats on getting your court date!

Blogger Yeah So said...
I love the octopus! These are all so adorable!

Blogger Mary said...
Very cute. I like the shark for Pickle.

For my N, I think I'll go fuzzy duck. Great, now I'm spending more money on-line too. Darn you Elle!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I can't believe Pickle is 22 mon. I am so excited about that. I thought he was younger. Our kids will be about the same age. I didn't realize that.

As far as the costume- just don't go with the peacock and you'll be good.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hi! I vote for the Turtle. I agree that the shark may be too much for the little guy. That way, it he doesn't like anything on his head, you can pull off the hood of the Turtle and he will still look adorable!
Love ya, Lee

Blogger Rhonda said...
Ohhhh, I love the kangaroo. You MUST post photos if you buy one of these. Pickle will look so cute!

Blogger Laura said...
Thanks for the warm welcome Elle! Our agency, requires the medicals to be dated within 6 months and police clearances within 3 months. Silly. But at least now, I can wait until before we go to get them.
We love Babystyle, I've gotten my son "G" some cute shirts from there. I showed him the halloween costumes from your link last night and he loves the shark! In fact, he is requesting it for himself. Too cute!
Laura

Blogger fuzzandfuzzlet said...
STOP

I can not let you order a Halloween Costume prior to at least checking out the costumes at The Childrens Place.


You must, they are cute cute cute

Blogger Melissa said...
Oh the shark, definitely the shark! How adorable is that!
Melissa

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Love the Shark:) Too cute!!! What a wonderful Halloween you and Derek will have with your precious little baby boy!!!Congrats:):):)

Counter
Established March 19, 2006