Image hosting by Photobucket
Sunday, August 27, 2006
Final Q&A
Thanks to all of you who had weird Ambien stories too. I feel less dumb. I was confirmed that I did not step in any cat vomit, but the jury is still out on the wall issue.

So not so much a Q&A, but we did have lots of requests for our itinerary. Once CS prys me out of from under the bed our trip will look as follows.

Monday, August 28 - Depart Seattle 1:40 pm
Tuesday, August 29 - Arrive Seoul, South Korea 5:00 pm
5221 miles flown this segment - 5221 miles total

Check into airport hotel and feast on the boycotted chicken from a national fried chicken parts retailer (this is the only place in the world I am allowed to have the banned chicken)

Wednesday, August 30 - Depart Seoul 10:10 am
Wednesday, August 30 - Arrive Khabarovsk, Russia 3:10 pm (yea! the same day!)
886 miles flown this segment - 6107 miles total

Thursday & Friday - complete medical exams

Monday, September 4th - COURT DATE (the date where you finally learn his name)

Tuesday, September 5th - Finally become parents!!! (we are assuming that we will get to pick Pickle up the day after court, if not maybe the 6th)

Toodle around in Khabarovsk for 13 days. Exactly how many times can we visit the Military museum?

Monday, September 18 - Depart Khabarovsk 6:00 pm
Monday, September 18 - Arrive Moscow 7:15 pm (8 long hours later)
3825 miles flown this segment - 9932 miles total

Tuesday, September 19 - Pickle's medical exam, Embassy visit, Register Pickle with the Russian government, attempt to purchase a Soviet hockey jersey and have a National Lampoon's moment with Kathou & Paypay at St. Basil's.

Wednesday, September 20 - Depart Moscow 7:15 am (pick up my own gummi bears)
Wednesday, September 20 - Arrive Zurich, Switzerland 8:45 am
1368 miles flown this segment - 11300 miles total

Wednesday, September 20 - Depart Zurich 12:40 pm (snap a photo of our newest citizen!)
Wednesday, September 20 - Arrive Chicago, USA 3:15 pm (still wednesday)
4443 miles flown this segment - 15743 miles total

Wednesday, September 20 - Depart Chicago 5:20 pm
Wednesday, September 20 - Arrive Seattle, WA 7:42 pm
1721 miles flown this segment - 17464 miles total

Did anyone else notice how all of those last flights were all on a Wednesday? In fact... the SAME Wednesday!
29 Comments:
Blogger kirsten said...
this is so exciting! thanks for sharing your every travel detail. it will be so great to know where you are and what's happening on your great journey. i am so excited for you guys! life is going to change so much! i can't wait for updates, assuming you'll have time and be up for it. we'll be praying for you!

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...
Oh my goodness this is really happening! I am SO happy and excited for you. Have a wonderful safe trip. And maybe uh stay away from Ambien?

Anonymous Anonymous said...
WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! Have a safe and wonderful trip! Enjoy all your new FIRSTS as a family and write everything down when it happens otherwise you won't remember! Have a great time :) luv, m, h, l, e (if you still need the videos, call and we can run them up to you :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Thank you for the detailed itinerary. This is such an exciting time for you. It almost hard to believe that tomorrow you go to pick up your son! We will be praying for your safe journey around the world each step of the way. Love you, Aunt Jan & Uncle Tom.

Blogger Maggie said...
17,000+ miles. You're literally going around the world. Wow.

It's going to be long and tiring, but in less than a month you'll be home with your boy. Thank goodness.

Blogger Jenny said...
Wow, that is long and around the world! And that Wednesday is going to be KILLER.

BUT worth it and i can't wait for court day!!!

Blogger Yeah So said...
Holy Moley I can't believe the day is almost here! I have a rather unpleasant doctor visit on Sept 5th, so I will be thinking about you and how at least SOMEBODY is having a great day! Can't wait to read the next posts!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Thanks for the book suggestion! It's now on order at amazon.com. Good luck to you and your family! I think it's fantastic. I'll be watching closely!

Blogger Rhonda said...
It will be the Wednesday that lives in infamy. I hope Pickle is a good flier for you. This is all so exciting!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I can't believe it's so close! Can't wait for your posts from Khab. We'll be praying that all goes smoothly (or at least just bumpy enough to keep it interesting ;) ) and that Pickle is with you for good soon!

Blogger Gaye and Andrew said...
oh my gosh!! 16 more hours until you are on that plane!! so exciting!! I will be thinking about you guys...safe travels to Pickle and I can't wait to learn his name :) ~ gaye

Blogger bethee said...
Have a wonderful trip!

Blogger 6blessings said...
Thanks for the itinerary. We will be following every step of the way. Have a great trip!

Blogger Suz said...
Oh my I hope you get a few winks of sleep tonight! Are the bags all packed and waiting by the door?

Thanks so much for the itinerary!!

Can't wait for Labor Day when we learn the real name of Pickle!

Have a wonderful adventure and keep us posted along the way!

Blogger Laura said...
Have a wonderful and safe trip!!
Can wait to see Pickle.
By the way,I saw you are a hockey fan, our son, who was adopted and now only 3 1/2 is obsessed with Ice Hockey!
again, have a safe trip!
Laura

Anonymous Anonymous said...
My prayers are with you and I'll think of you - especially when you're going to cross my time zone on the 20th :) I should drive to Zurich that day! Well maybe not, otherwise I might get "fired" from my Hebrew class sooner than I want ;) Love, Barbara

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Wishing you a safe trip. Pickle is gonna have the coolest parents. Can't wait to see you all together as a family.

Take care,

Kim S. in Germany

Blogger Ani said...
So excited for you guys. Have a safe trip! And, keep posting!

Blogger Melissa said...
My head is spinning from just reading your itinerary. Good luck and bring pickle home!!!!!!!!!

Come see my updated, new and improved blog.

Blogger Deb said...
That's one long Wednesdday.

Now come out from under the bed; away from the corner. Pack the vodka and the chocolate for later and go see your son.

Praying for safe flights.

Blogger Chelsea said...
You are starting your adventure to get your son today!! Oh my I am so excited for you!!

Blogger Wendy said...
Keep us posted! Have a safe trip and bring home that Precious Pickle!

Blogger Suz said...
AAAAHHHH you're leaving in one hour and 17 minutes! I'm so excited for y'all!

Blogger Liv said...
I just watched you ticker tick off the last 2 minutes. Now that it is at zero, that plane better be leaving the ground THIS instant. Have a great trip. You'll be on it for the rest of your life.

Blogger Liv said...
I meant the trip of motherhood, not the trip around the world. It was supposed to be poetic.

Blogger Mary said...
What an exciting time. if you don't sleep well until you see Pickle next...it'll be for good reason!

Looking forward to the new parents updates.

Blogger sandy said...
Godspeed on your journey! I hope everything goes smoothly and will be checking in regularly now that I'm back.

Blogger Debi said...
that Wednesday will be like Groundhog day ...try to stay awake or you might think it is...

I can't wait to hear about that little boy what his name???!!!

Be safe

Blogger Debi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Counter
Established March 19, 2006