Image hosting by Photobucket
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
We are no longer there, we are HERE!!!
Umm, I did a little too much Fraggle Rock watching on the flight over.

We arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon, but due to some technical difficulties we were not able to get onto the internet until today. In fact, I had to pry the modem out of Suzanne's hands this morning with the promise to return it right when they arrived back from court.

All of our luggage made it safe and sound. We did have to wait quite a while for our last bag. CS started to sweat it a bit. Fortunately the bag with our court clothes came out first.

We were greeted at our apartment door by our neighbors. Ironically Jamie & Suzanne are right next door. thus the hijacking of the modem. We finally had our "Party at the Markuel" last night. We only wished that all 10 of the families were here. But 6 out of 10 ain't bad. We had a delicious meal of chili, Kasha, and salad. We met C&N and their newest little one and Cath and her cousin and Cath's little boy. Watching the kids was interesting. They are the same ages as Pickle and Katou & Paypay's little girl. It may be one interesting trip.

Our apartment is nice. CS took a video of it and I will try for photos later. We are only on the 3rd floor so we don't need to take the scary elevator. Our view isn't that spectacular, but from the kitchen window I can see the cross on the tallest dome of the gold church just peeking above one of the apartment buildings.

As soon as Jamie & Suzanne are done at court Lena will come and get us to go for our updated medicals. Because of the court dates and the meds we won't have time to get out to the orphanage. But we will be doing that tomorrow. We can't wait to see our boy!

Saturday and Sunday are days we will use for foraging for food and a phone cord. Then Monday is the BIG day!

For the record, I did get a little bit of sleep on the rock hard bed in Korea and a little more last night. I am slowly catching up. I did bring the ambien in the event of a major emergency, but for now Tylenol PM seems to be tiding me over.

Now Steph and Rhonda, don't hate us for blaming you for the egging. We know you didn't do it, but we had to lay the blame somewhere.

More tomorrow after seeing the boy. We can't post photos of him until after court, so hopefully on Tuesday (which would be monday for you guys)
22 Comments:
Blogger Melissa said...
I am glad you have some friends there with you. I cant wait to see pictures of Pickle. I know you are waiting on pins and needles to see him. I hope you can continue to get sleep.

Blogger Suz said...
Yay, hooray I'm glad you made it and finally posted! Glad, too, that you finally got a little sleep - you seemed a little, er, grumpy in that last post ;o)

I can't wait to see a pic of Pickle!

Have a great visit with him.

How many hours ahead of Central time are you?? More than I though, obviously!

Blogger Lauren & Cupcake said...
FINALLY!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I must have checked your blog a gazillion times today!!!! Lisa play nice and share the modem!!! Really glad you guys have access to this modern miracle. I may pull my hair out waiting for those pictures!!!!
Love and Happiness,
Mom & Mike

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yeah!! It's so cool that there are so many of you there together. I can't wait to hear how it is to see Pickle again and if he remembers you.

Blogger Trusty Husband said...
Suz,
We are 16hrs ahead of CST, 18 hrs ahead of PST

Blogger Yeah So said...
How cool that you can party with some fellow Americans. If you don't post pics soon I will....egg your house!! again! Just Kidding! (It was Rhonda).

Blogger sandy said...
I am eagerly looking forward to Monday then, when I can see a picture of the new happy family! I'm praying that court and your wait go smoothly.

Blogger Maggie said...
That's awesome that you're right next door to J & S. Now we just have to get Rhonda and Brian scheduled to get over there, too!

I'm glad you're there and settled in safe and sound. I'm thinking about you a lot and sending prayers and good wishes and good vibes and everything I can possibly send your way.

Blogger 6blessings said...
Glad to know you made it okay and everything is going well. It is so nice that you know so many people there who are going through the same thing. Can't wait to hear a Pickle report and see pics in a few days.

Blogger Jenni said...
How exciting! Your are getting closer to Pickle every day. I can't wait to see a picture of your new family, and hope that you have a great time with all your fellow travellers! Best of luck with everything!

Blogger Deb said...
So glad to hear you got their and are having a good time.
I am so excited to see pictures of your little boy soon. And learning his real name.
Praying for a quick and easy court and everything else that needs doing to get it all done.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Great news that you can blog DAILY - at least once! :-)) Take care of yourselves, have a wonderful time with K and E, S and J, and the rest of the families. We could kinda have pity on Khab with all you Amerikanskis wreaking havoc on local establishments if it weren't for the long wait most of you have had! Ha! Justice often comes in strange & exotic forms, eh? You are in our tho'ts continuously and we send our love to you both and please give Pickle a big grammy/papa type squeeze when you see him! Much luv, Mom and Dad (P.S. Please check your email for a message from Dad)

Blogger Mary said...
It's great that you have some friends over there at the same time. The support the group must give to you and you to them will be invaluable, I'm sure.

Blogger Lauri said...
Im so glad you arrived safe.. cant wait for court... Im so excited for you... cant wait to see a picture...way to much anticipation going on here



Hurry up monday

Lauri

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hi there! We're so happy you arrived safely and are having a great time your friends! How wonderful that you all are there together, suporting each other and celebrating together! I, too, can't wait to see some new pictures of my nephew! Sending you lots of love and prayers for an easy and uneventful court date. Take LOTS of pictures!!
Love to the 3 of you, Lee

Blogger The Belanich's said...
One step closer holding PICKLE forever in your arms! CONGRATULATIONS!

Sandy

Blogger Carolina Mama said...
Congrat! on getting there! Did PayPal "deliver" Pickle's shower present from us? His first Happy Meal from McD's in Moscow?!! Hope you got it. I will track down if not. Blessings! Love, love from us! Thinking of you!

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
Sounds like you are having a great time, and each day is going to get better! Monday can't come soon enough.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
You are finally there! You made it! How fun to be with friends. I hope you guys have a life changing experience. Take lots of pics for us! Is it cold there? I can't believe you will finally be bringing home your son. What a year it has been following you guys through this wait. It has been quite a ride.

It is funny that you call Pickle the boy. Do you say that to each other too? I say it is funny because sometimes we refer to Pineapple as the girl.

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...
Hooray you are really THERE! (And I'm a little jealous that you got to watch Fraggle Rock on the plane - I love(d?) that show!)
Rest up good... soon "the boy" will be with you and then the fun really starts! :-)

Blogger Rhonda said...
Don't worry, I am not taking it personally. I will, however, suspect you guys if our house is egged AFTER you return from Russia.

I am DYING to see the latest pics of Pickle. Its finally happening guys! After all of this time, its finally here. I am so happy for you.

Counter
Established March 19, 2006