Image hosting by Photobucket
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Down to the wire
Tomorrow is the day. Yikes!! I am actually checking stuff off my list. Amazing. Of course everything that gets checked off the list costs money. I swear I have shelled out more money in the last 2 weeks than in the last 10 months. Not only is the actual travel cost expensive, but so is all the other stuff. Refill prescriptions, make sure the cats have food, buy small snacks for the flight, small gifts for the people in Russia we haven't seen in months, replace necessary clothing that is falling apart. It all adds up.

I think my list of stuff to do to day is just about wrapped up. I still need to clean the floors, empty the dishwasher, fold the last bit of laundry and plant a few plants that are still sitting in containers around my garden. I do think I will steal one job from D today though. Our lawn needs a good haircut before we go and it is supposed to rain tomorrow. I am going to bust out his fancy new self-propelled mower and go to town. (No Rhonda, I've already been to the grocery)

So once the lawn is mowed it only leaves, cleaning the fish tank, changing the sheets, clean the bathrooms, vacuum, and oh... finish packing!

Here is my beg and plead for comments while we are gone: Please oh Please send a few comments our way during this trip. We do have internet access while in Russia. We will do our best to let you know how the trip is going. In turn I expect some love. We had a great time reading everyone's kind words while we were on our last trip.

Shall we review the commenting procedure for those of you just joining or returning to our story?

Step 1: Click on the words at the bottom of the post that read "# Comments"
Step 2: Type your comment into the box that reads "Leave your Comment"
Step 3: Select your identity from the "Choose Identity" radio buttons
Step 4: Fill in the funky word in the box. Sorry about that step. It is to keep stupid people from commenting.
Step 5: Click the "Publish" button.

Congratulations! You have now commented and made Elle very happy. Now remember, if you don't have a blogger ID you can still comment. Just make sure you sign you name so we can smile and say, "see! so and so commented."
18 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Skip the floor cleaning and have a glass of wine! We'll be cheering for you along the way and looking forward to your next blog entries.

Blogger bethee said...
Can't wait to hear of your adventures! I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
We took a vote and we agree with comment #1 - have the glass (or 2, 3, 4 . . . well, you get the picture :-)!)of wine. Luv, Mom, Dad & Lee

Blogger Jenny said...
sweetie, of course I will comment. I am dying to hear all about the trip, the baby, EVERYTHING.
Fly Safe.

And thanks for your support, I really am touched by it.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Get your stuff done. Have the wine on the flight. It'll help you sleep. Rooting for you while we wait for a referral on our own #2. Best wishes.

Blogger glo said...
LOL OK well I'll take the middle road and say Skip the floor. But do the rest...I too am excited for you. I will be watching your bLOG even though you don't really know me "yet" At least I am not one of those 'stupid people' trying to leave stupid comments...actually I have had to deal with some spam on the major website we have for Elia, so I am glad to see that blogger has instituted this protection. Wishing you Godspeed, and a wonderful beginning to "pickles"

Blogger Maggie said...
Safe travels! I'm really excited for you. I be thinking about you and saying lots of prayers.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Uncle Tom & I are excited and praying for you too. Just don't wear yourself out cleaning floors etc before you leave. Just get your packing done and relax. Have a safe trip and we will keep track of you via your blog. And YES I will leave comments. Ha. Love you, Aunt Jan

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Have a safe trip. You can count on comments!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Count all things as blessings. We are keeping you in our hearts, minds, and prayers. Uncle Tom

Blogger Rhonda said...
HOLY MOLY. I can't believe you leave tomorrow. This is so exciting.

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
I'm glad tomorrow is almost here, and glad you will have internet access. Of course I will be here leaving comments, it's not like I have anything better to do! (wait, wait, wait) :)

If you clean the house now, it will be dusty again before you get back so I vote for the wine!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
My thoughts and prayers are with you. You will be missed and not just because I have to answer the phones tomorrow :-) Save travels. IAL

Blogger Jennefer said...
We are all on the edge of our seats waiting to hear about your trip. Have a safe and enjoyable time!

Blogger Suzanne said...
4 hours!

ACK!

I'm shamelessly cut-and-pasting your 1,2,3, Comment instructions into my blog.

Did you sleep? I didn't.

Suzanne

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Lisa & Derek, Just received your exciting news. Wanted you to know we're thinking of you and that we will be praying for you. Have fun and enjoy the adventure. Love, Debbie & Larry

Blogger M3 said...
Go baby go!!!!! Can't wait to read all about it (and see it - you will be posting your world-class videos, right?) :-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
OK my first comment here. We're much further behind in the process and I've been living vicariously through all the blogs. I'm so excited for you. May your journey be safe, filled with joy and new adventures.

Ronda

Counter
Established March 19, 2006