Image hosting by Photobucket
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Packing mania
My email is down. I think I might actually have a panic attack as a result. I know, I know... get away from hotmail, but that would require changing my email address. Despite the fact that I have 4 other email addresses, I have had the hotmail one the longest. I get too much spam on my gmail account to use it. I think I currently have upwards of 73 uread messages. They are all from Google alerts and the "work at home" business I used to do. Of course those aren't spam, but I am just not interested in reading them.

So since I can't check my email you will now be subject to my packing mania. I am the type of person that usually won't pack until the day we leave for a trip or at the most the day before. For some reason yesterday I thought I would start with all of our orphanage donations at least. This gradually morphed into D coming home and saying, "well... we could start packing."

Of course that resulted in us realizing we needed a few additional items. I was in desperate need of some new undergarments (TMI, but so what) and I also could use some regular lounge around in t-shirts. So off to our local Target for the necessities. *as a total aside here, Target has some great retro t-shirts right now.* I also needed contact lens solution. Of which, every store in town is out of. We went to 3 different places only to find 1 bottle a Walgreens. Of course in the "impulse items here by our cash register" section D found little book lights 2/$5.00. So we picked those up too. Later, he comes into my office and says, "hey these things have a little Star Trek action. Of course the obsessive blogger I am shoots a video of them. Wanna see?



Onto the packing. We started pulling clothes out of the closet and D says I should take a picture of it. I think blogging has even gone to his head. So now to make you suffer since I can't check my email here are some of our packing conquests.

Orphanage Donations (before)

Orphanage Donations with the miracle of space bags!!


The ever mounting pile of stuff that has to fit into that suitcase. (Stephanie, pay no attention to the badly knitted scarf in the background)
11 Comments:
Blogger Yeah So said...
Space bags, what a great idea, I'll have to remember that one! I don't envy you on packing...man that's one thing I hate to do...

And don't worry, there are many badly knitted items lurking in my house too..

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Space bags worked awesome for us when we traveled. But just a forewarning - the airlines did unpack everything we worked so hard to pack. I have no idea how they got everything back into the suitcases. All the air was out of the space bags and the stuff was rearranged. Oh well, if you can fit it all in there, so can they :o)

Blogger Jenny said...
thats alot of presents. and a really big suitcase. I will have to get some of those bags if we ever go.

and they are out of contact stuff because they pulled one that causes eye infections and now everyone is buying up the other stuff. (seriously)

Blogger Maggie said...
Space bags! You're so stinkin smart. I'm gonna have to get me some of those.

btw - your book light scares me a bit.

Blogger Rhonda said...
Space bags, NEATO!! Way to go with your packing. You are on the ball.

Blogger Elle said...
The book light scares me too Margaret. The space bags serve a dual purpose. On the last trip we had quilts for the orphanage and they protected them from a rouge body wash disaster. Let's just say that Ziplocs don't always protect your clothing from exploding liquids.

Blogger A Room to Grow said...
those bags are a great idea, i'll have to check them out. when i've traveled internationally i've had clothes arrive pretty wet, like the suitcase was left out on the rainstorm of the runway.

Blogger sandy said...
I'm just amazed that you have a made bed! (I used to make my bed, many years ago. =)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Those lights are the coolest. I want one too.;)

Blogger Elle said...
ahh the made bed. It doesn't happen every day, but that is one thing D really likes is a made bed. If I had my way the bed would never get made. Y'all are just lucky I picked up my pile of clothes before taking the photos.

Blogger Jennefer said...
That video has sealed you forever as a truly dedicated blogger. Thanks for sharing the Star Trek action with all of your fans. I think I will have to go and get one of those now.

Counter
Established March 19, 2006