Image hosting by Photobucket
Thursday, April 13, 2006
The Weekly Update
This week's update is brought to you by the number 7. That is how many days until we leave for Russia.

This may be the last weekly update for a few weeks seeing as we will be out of town. Evidently next week we will be able to participate in the agency weekly chat from the airport, but the plane boards during the chat so there won't be time for posting the update. I will keep our readers happy by posting in Russia. I may only have dial-up, but at least it is internet.

So news... not much really. There is at least 1 family in Khabarovsk right now completing their medical trip. Another 2 leave today for their pseudo first trips. This includes Kathou and Paypay. Safe travels to you guys! I'll miss you.

No real major news or changes in the process. For once there is no additional paperwork that is required, no personal changes in the Russian legal system. All is eerily calm.

I am starting to get a little freaked out actually. The whole process since reaccreditation has gone way too smoothly. Well... except that whole losing A thing. We were forewarned about all specific wording for the homestudy. Our the special social worker was able to quickly fix the one mistake on the update. There were no apostille issues. And Olga informed us that it looked as if our paperwork was in order. We got on the flights with Jamie & Suzanne and our Visas should be arriving on Monday.

I am vigorously knocking on wood, because something just has to happen. After the last year we have had this is just a little too smooth. I guess I should be counting my blessings at this point.

I wish I had more real news to report. But I suppose no news is good news.

I guess the only major thing on my mind is; did you see last night's episode of Lost? What is up with that island??? Good thing I have a very long flight to finally get caught up on the first season. (Sorry Rhonda, still haven't seen it all)

Blessings to you all and happy Easter and Passover.
5 Comments:
Blogger Maggie said...
I keep telling myself that I've paid my dues with adoption problems. So have you! It's time for things to go smoothly for you.

Blogger Woods Family said...
Please travel safe. We wish you an expeditious trip. :)

Blogger bethee said...
Hope you have an incredible journey! If you're flying Korean Air, they have onboard internet. Safe trip!

Blogger Jennefer said...
Only a few more days before you guys are off. I am so excited to hear about your trip and your new son. Any further advice from your experience would be great. I hope you both have a wonderful Easter. Oh by the way, I am reading Freakonomics and I love it so far.

Blogger M3 said...
OMG!!!!!!! I can't believe you're leaving so soon. I am so excited for you guys. :-0

Counter
Established March 19, 2006